Need 2 things disabled. "resume from" prompt and watched check marks
Searched for workarounds for hours for these 2 things and couldnt get any results. I've introduced 3 people to xbmc htpc's and everyone wishes both these annoyances could be removed...

1.disable the "resume from" prompt when trying to play a video. So the video always instantly plays from the beginning without any annoying menu popping up.

2.permanently remove the check mark from ever appearing on "watched" videos. I know you can uncheck them by pressing "W" but it makes more sense to remove them entirely since I dont "use them"

I found a solution for the first problem but it was ineffective.

advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<ignorepercentatend>100</ignorepercentatend>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

even checked the log and it read the xml and still had no effect.

please someone help me remove these 2 annoyances so me and my friends can live a happier life Smile

-thanks!
Depending on the skin you are using they should both be configurable in Settings.
-stoli-
You can do this in your advancedsettings.xml for the watched

<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent> All you should need to do is change the 90 to 101 for it to always ignore it
I could get it to ignore making a restart bookmark with this, but only upto about 15 minutes into the movie.

<ignoreatstart>999</ignoreatstart>

The 999 is seconds, but could not get it to recognize more than that.
"Hide watched flags" are skin specific so check your skin settings.

"Resume from" dialog can be disabled by changing the setting in the "video preferences"

Did you even bother going through the settings. both these options should be clearly visible. don't bother creating advanced settings xml for something so simple.

RBX
In the SYSTEM menu from the main menu go to the video settings.
Choose FILE LISTS and set the DEFAULT SELECT ACTION to "PLAY".
I think it's set to CHOOSE now...
Tight_wad Wrote:You can do this in your advancedsettings.xml for the watched

<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent> All you should need to do is change the 90 to 101 for it to always ignore it

Thanks! that worked. Now I just need to find a way to disable that resume prompt

rudeboyx Wrote:"Resume from" dialog can be disabled by changing the setting in the "video preferences"

Sorry cant find video preferences. I know of the option "default select action" and I have it set to "play". you would think that would direct launch videos but of course it doesn't! Do you know the true way to always direct launch videos from a single click? can you give me the exact path? like...

system>appearance>skin for example

I'm using the default confluence skin by the way.
gollumscave Wrote:In the SYSTEM menu from the main menu go to the video settings.
Choose FILE LISTS and set the DEFAULT SELECT ACTION to "PLAY".
I think it's set to CHOOSE now...

its set to play and after watching something once I get the options...

-Resume from 00:00
-Start from beginning

instead of the video playing from the beginning automatically everytime. If I make the action choose I have 4 options...

-Resume from 00:00
-Start from beginning
-Show Information
-More...
never mind - already posted
-stoli-
working from memory, it's "resume from stopped"
"Yes, No, Ask" are the 3 options.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:working from memory, it's "resume from stopped"
"Yes, No, Ask" are the 3 options.

wut? I'm not trying to remember what options the prompt displays. im trying to get rid of the prompt from showing up!
To avoid more confusion I made a screenshot...

it sounds like your changing the setting for "music" (default select action) "Play" or "Que"

for videos, go to settings -> Video and have a look through all settings. remember there are sub sections within "videos" ie "playback, filelists, scrapers etc etc. in one of them there is an option something like "resume playback" which allows you to select "yes, no or ask". just select "no"
No change it to No.
Yes = Automatically resumes.
Prompt = What you clearly don't want.
No = Don't resume.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
t3AS Wrote:wut? I'm not trying to remember what options the prompt displays. im trying to get rid of the prompt from showing up!

That appears to be the default behavior when set to "Play". Probably should submit a trac ticket.
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need 2 things disabled. "resume from" prompt and watched check marks0