Need 2 things disabled. "resume from" prompt and watched check marks
"set to play" again sounds like the setting for Music.
I have 4 choices for "Default select action" Which is under System>Video>File Lists. (have no idea where you guys get the impression im under music settings)

-Play
-Resume
-Show Information
-Choose

resume is the only one that ignores the prompt. BUT I DONT WANT IT TO RESUME. I want it to start from the beginning of the movie every time I click on it!

am I missing some super secret option or something?
As I said, it looks to be a bug as it is acting like Choose instead of just playing the video. I'm pretty sure this is new to Dharma...
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:As I said, it looks to be a bug as it is acting like Choose instead of just playing the video. I'm pretty sure this is new to Dharma...

yea, Im on 10.0 r35647 (compiled 12/7/2010). So you think its a bug? Seems like everyone else is using a older version cause I dont have a "no" option.

I dont see how something like this could slip by. I mean it happens everytime you click a video lol. unless everyone is weird and wants to be asked if they want to resume everytime. I dont get it.
I submitted a trac ticket - http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11086 for this. I personally don't think it is behaving as intended. Since there is Play and Choose as options in Settings, it would seem to me that Play should do just that, play from the beginning and not prompt.
-stoli-
I'm starting to think its not a bug after reading this thread...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80914

jmarshall:"It's not a bug. It was decided that no-one really needs the "Play always no matter what"

what!?!? is everyone crazy?
stoli Wrote:it would seem to me that Play should do just that, play from the beginning and not prompt.

thats what I would think also. "play" does behave slightly different from "choose". choose gives 2 more options.
t3AS Wrote:what!?!? is everyone crazy?

Assuming you'd like one of the developers to spend time changing this for you, that's not a great way to persuade them.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Assuming you'd like one of the developers to spend time changing this for you, that's not a great way to persuade them.

JR

sorry, Im just in shock if this was an intentional change. If its a bug sorry for my ignorance. If its by design please re-implement the 1 click play from the beginning function.
t3AS Wrote:I'm starting to think its not a bug after reading this thread...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80914

jmarshall:"It's not a bug. It was decided that no-one really needs the "Play always no matter what"

what!?!? is everyone crazy?

I think you're the One. Believe it or not, most of us watch whole movies and want to continue from the last position if we are forced to interrupt our watching in the middle.

Also, most of us don't have such a problem pressing down arrow once, in order to choose from 2 options.

I can't believe a actually replied to such ****** post..
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:I think you're the One. Believe it or not, most of us watch whole movies and want to continue from the last position if we are forced to interrupt our watching in the middle.

Also, most of us don't have such a problem pressing down arrow once, in order to choose from 2 options.

I can't believe a actually replied to such ****** post..

That makes no sense. I would much rather eliminate the hundreds of times I would have to select "start from beginning". Worst case I want to actually resume I *gasp* skip to that part of the movie (which would happen far less than wanting to start from the beginning)

The resume function is a good idea but should be a different button to bring up that option. normally selecting a video should always start from the beginning with no prompt.
Its especially annoying because I like to skip to my favorite scenes in movies. So guess what happens when I want to watch a movie from the start sometime down the road? annoying resume prompt! hell 90% of my movies have this "joke" resume points.
So is this a bug or what? will I have to stay on a older build to avoid the "innovative" resume prompt??

any workaround for v10? Sad
Not that I have any real interest in this, I happen to like the resume feature, but wonder if this can be done another way.

The start points are just bookmarks that have been auto created. If there isn't any way he can turn them off, then is there a way that he could have a Global Delete of all bookmarks?
Tight_wad Wrote:Not that I have any real interest in this, I happen to like the resume feature, but wonder if this can be done another way.

The start points are just bookmarks that have been auto created. If there isn't any way he can turn them off, then is there a way that he could have a Global Delete of all bookmarks?

Maybe a tag to advanced settings <ignore_play_marks>true</ignore_play_marks> could be added.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need 2 things disabled. "resume from" prompt and watched check marks0