• 8(current)
[WIP] XBMC Beginners Guide (PDF)
Perfect - thanks Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

other links

http://www.filedropper.com/xbmcbeginnersguide05
Hi just wanted to say many thanks for putting this beginners guide together. I have just been using XBMC on and off for about 6 weeks and was gradually getting the hang of it. The guide just filled in a few bits and made it clearer - particularly with basic set up.

One thing could be included - which is the idea that you can easily 'Remove' a source and re-add it without any harm being done. As a beginner, you sometimes wonder what pressing a 'Remove' button will do. Of course........it only 'removes' the library entry - not the source media file! And re-adding source is very quick - compared to other applications (in my experience).

It is well written and easy to follow. Much appreciated.

Now to the Advanced Guide!
(2012-03-02, 12:06)gollumscave Wrote: This guide will not be completed. I have started working on the Eden guide but am lacking time as always...
The guide is made in..... hold on to your hat.... "Word..."

I am sure making a guide with help of the community is an option, and it will surely be something that is useful, but the endresult would be more like the current "wiki"... The advantage of a guide written by one user is that you have the whole thing written in one style. Knowing how stuff works is just 50% of creating a guide. Knowing how to translate and write it into understandable words and keep it interresting to read is just as hard as understanding the subject you're writing about...

Hi

Many thanks for taking the time to write this beginners guide, I will certainly be reading it and hope to learn some things!

Any news on an updated guide for Eden ?

Cheers

CW-KID

Just read through the guide, thanks very much!

Would it be fair to say that the guide is still uptodate being a year old? Also where can I get the advanced guide, discussed in this one?

Thanks again.

sirs/ anyone please
i have a jailbroken apple2 tv which i purchased last february
need updating or i have done it wrong and not too knowledgeable with technical aspects
all i want is a thorough library to watch old tv shows and old movies

please email me at:
[email protected]
thx
clarkbar
I have gone through all the entries and have tried all the links and none delivered a readable PDF file.
To focus on the links in the first post:
Rapidshare tells me: Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)
Bypassing that by adding a prefix in front of the URL does allow to download the file, but when opening it I get told it is protected by DRM

All other links turn up empty, file not available on server, you are not a member, no-access etc. etc.

This manual seems to be so good that it is protected at all costs!!Confused

Does somebody have a solution for me??
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2340692/XBMC_Be..._0-1.5.pdf
(2013-01-18, 12:57)Ned Scott Wrote: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2340692/XBMC_Be..._0-1.5.pdf

That was quick..........! thanks Ned!!

And it worked!
I now see it is a Windows version.
Well I can skip the installation part since I have XBMC already installed on Raspberry Pi and connected to a 42" LCD-TV
Amazing!!! the combination of that little machine and the XBMC software. Hopefully I can still use the manual to get the most out of XBMC itself!

Thanks
There is no live links to download this beginner manual.. Anywhere else I could get it? Looks like both links on first post are dead. Really looking forward to reading this.

Thanks

Bigjdoberman
(2013-02-12, 17:48)bigjdoberman Wrote: There is no live links to download this beginner manual.. Anywhere else I could get it? Looks like both links on first post are dead. Really looking forward to reading this.

Thanks

Bigjdoberman

Again, https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2340692/XBMC_Be..._0-1.5.pdf
I would rather these contribution end up on the wiki so the community can read and improve these. Dharma is a bit outdated now anyway, but does have a few read moments. Shame no one can improve on this.

uNi
gollumscave gave the okay on releasing it under CC-BY-SA, so if anyone wants to pull directly from that PDF onto the wiki, go for it.
Sorry if I'm writing on the wrong thread . PLZ help!

Hi I'm working with a jynx android HD and I'm having trouble with slow motion video play back and audio goes in and out .
From what I understand it has to do with the audio set up.

when I go to settings/ audio output/system-setting
I have it at HDMI 7.1 BUT at the bottom there is a

Audio output device . That's set to android

Passthrough device. Just says error no device found.

It doesn't let me change them. I'm using a onkyo receiver that had a 3D trueHD passthrough .

Can anyone help me with this problem . How do I set this to the right settings?
Please make a new thread for this issue.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XBMC Beginners Guide (PDF)7