[MAC] Installing Addons or Addon Repo with "Install From Zip" in XBMC for Mac on OSX?
Question 
Hello,

I know the answer to this is probably somewhere in this forum but I cannot find it anywhere.

Could someone please inform me how to install addons & Skins for XBMC on a Mac. I downloaded the regular addons but when I click "Install From Zip" & click on the addon ZIP file, I'm unable to install them. The "OK" button cannot be highlighted.

I'm aware that the Mac does not use "ZIP" files, but are there Mac equivalent addons available?

Thanks

RJ
XBMC knows about zip and actually so does OSX.

It's possible that the addon you are trying to install is incompatible with what you are running. Since you have not given any info regarding XBMC version nor what addon you are trying to install, it's kind of hard to guess what the issue might be.
Thanks for your reply

I'm using the latest XBMC version 10.0 and I was trying to install some of the latest unofficial addons from the repository.
Jammer Wrote:Thanks for your reply

I'm using the latest XBMC version 10.0 and I was trying to install some of the latest unofficial addons from the repository.

A little clearer please Smile which addon from which unofficial addons repository.
I think I had to use 2 different places as run XBMC on my laptop and appleTV.

I downloaded Hitchers repository and dropped it in

for the mac
users/name/library/application support/XBMC/addons

for the aTV via SSH
application/XBMC.app/contents/resources/XBMC/addons

And i'm sure went to add-ons in settings in XBMC menu and either install from zip or get add on. Bobs and uncles.
Jammer Wrote:Hello,

I know the answer to this is probably somewhere in this forum but I cannot find it anywhere.

Could someone please inform me how to install addons & Skins for XBMC on a Mac. I downloaded the regular addons but when I click "Install From Zip" & click on the addon ZIP file, I'm unable to install them. The "OK" button cannot be highlighted.

I'm aware that the Mac does not use "ZIP" files, but are there Mac equivalent addons available?

Thanks

RJ

Per chance you went throught the same WTF scenario as I did ?
Snow Leopard was automatically unZIPing the file, but I did not realize it during the first attempt. Once I caught up with that fact, XBMC imported the ZIP'd Add-On just fine Smile
--> Mac Mini 2010, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, OSX Lion, XBMC Frodo 12.3
--> Pivos XIOS DS M3 w/Linux XBMC Frodo 12.2
--> Central MySQL database on a LenovoEMC px12-450r via Debian Wheezy VM
Hi guys.
I can't even find out how to install the zip files!
I am using a late 2008 macbook running 10.6 and i am using XBMC version 10.1
I am trying to install the Navi-X plugin the latest version. 3.74
I am assuming its:
System/Add-Ons/Program add-ons?
Check out the XBMC Wiki page for add-ons: Add-ons (wiki)

It should have up-to-date info on installing from zip
Thank You.
I've got a ppc 10.5 i noticed that when i downloaded an addon (sometimes two copies) it was unzip and installed as fullfatcream suggested and it worked fine, when i finished with them i put them in the trash, then i noticed there was one i didn't install and i put it back on the desktop and noticed it was zipped then took some more out of the trash and noticed that they were all zipped and opened Xbmc and used the install from zip and it worked fine

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Installing Addons or Addon Repo with "Install From Zip" in XBMC for Mac on OSX?0