Weird multiple animation problem
Here's the set-up -

Vertical main list with Horizontal conditional lists based on what's currently selected from the main list.
Each Horizontal list has two conditional animations depending on whether the main list is scrolling up or down (OnPrevious, OnNext) to give it the effect it's moving with the main list.

The problem is when I scroll down fast and then scroll up the Horizontal list animation starts (slide and fade conditions at their respective 'start' values) but they never finish - they're stuck at the start until I scroll through the main list once.

This is the animation code -

PHP Code:
<animation type="Visible" condition="Container(300).OnNext">
    <
effect type="slide" start="0,26" end="0,0" time="160" />
    <
effect type="fade" start="60" end="100" time="200" />
</
animation>
<
animation type="Visible" condition="Container(300).OnPrevious">
    <
effect type="slide" start="0,-26" end="0,0" time="160" />
    <
effect type="fade" start="60" end="100" time="200" />
</
animation

Note: Scrolling up and then down works fine but if I reverse the order the animations appear in the code this way then fails and the other way works.

If you need the whole code let me know.

Thanks.
Which start are they stuck at - the first or second?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Both, the slide and the fade.

EDIT: Here's a video to demonstrate it better -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6rUORnhwLI

At first I scroll up fast and then when I switch to down everything is fine. I then scroll fast down and when I go back up the animations are stuck until I cycle through all 12 items in the list and it works again.
Sure - but which one? The OnNext or the OnPrevious (or both?)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Looks like what is happening is the condition is started but then never reversed perhaps - Container.OnNext is only valid for a single frame, so technically the condition on the animation should automatically turn it off (not sure how that works for visible anims - the condition is only evaluated at start perhaps?)

This looks the same as the normal coverflow stuff, which generally uses onnext/onprevious with a hidden anim rather than visible one (as the hidden anim runs after the object is told to hide)

jmarshall Wrote:Sure - but which one? The OnNext or the OnPrevious (or both?)

Sorry, OnPrevious unless I swap the order they appear in the code.
jmarshall Wrote:Looks like what is happening is the condition is started but then never reversed perhaps - Container.OnNext is only valid for a single frame, so technically the condition on the animation should automatically turn it off (not sure how that works for visible anims - the condition is only evaluated at start perhaps?)

This looks the same as the normal coverflow stuff, which generally uses onnext/onprevious with a hidden anim rather than visible one (as the hidden anim runs after the object is told to hide)

Doh, adding reversible="false" fixed it - I could have sworn I tried that before asking on here. The shame. Rolleyes

Thanks anyway Jonathan I was almost going to drop it for a single fade and zoom.
Great!

New 360 dashboard huh hitcher? Smile
To learn more, click here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird multiple animation problem0