Vob Issue
Seem to have an issue with vob playback using 10.0 Dharma.

I ripped the Vobs from TV Show DVDs using dvdshrink, riping each episode individually.

When using xbmc to play the file, the show appears to only be around 43 seconds but when it reaches 40 seconds, the end time begins to increase.
(Show time is actually 43 minutes)

About 3 minutes into the show, the video stop like the show is over.

The vobs play correctly in media player classic with the correct playtime.

What do I need to provide to give more information to resolve this?
I never used DVD Shrink but DVD Decrypter...
Does it do this with ALL files you ripped?

Try ripping them with DVD Decrypter or just manually in your windows browser copy one of the vob files without ripping it and see if XBMC is able to play it back for you.

If it's able to playback after manual copying your source isn't corrupt, next step is to download dvd decrypter and rip 1 episode to hard disk, see again if xbmc can play it....

Here you can download DVD Decrypter
USing DVD Decrypter was the first thing i tried, using ifo mode.

It seems the episodes are split onto 2 vob files.

I would get the end of one episodes and the begining of the second in the same file.

Only way I could get the entire episode was to use dvd shrink reauthor feature.

_____

I did find out that XBMC will play the entire VOB if i do not FF, RR or another other move feature. Play and pause don't see to affect it.
The timer just keeps adding seconds as the episodes plays.
Use MakeMKV - full rips to individual files - simples.
could you send me a torrent of the iso? i would love to play around a bit cause i think you're doing something wrong..
with no disrespect....
steelman1991 Wrote:Use MakeMKV - full rips to individual files - simples.

This worked perfectly. Many Thanks.

gollumscave Wrote:could you send me a torrent of the iso? i would love to play around a bit cause i think you're doing something wrong..
with no disrespect....

I can if you really want me to.It is ST DS9 Season 5.
Well if you want to use makeMKV then your problem is solved...
If you insist to keep on using ISO's then yes, post the torrent.. I'll download it and see what it does overhere...
I have the exact same problem. I am also using DVD Shrink to rip uncompressed individual episodes and movies into *.VOB format. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was doing this until after I ripped a TON of files this way.

Before I throw it all away and start over, I'm going to see if converting the files to .avi or something might correct the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vob Issue0