• 2(current)
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?
I have the same issue, I setup the Playback buttons on ATV2 in the Learn More menu and when I try to use them in XBMC they don't seem to work, especially the Play button, this is with my satellite remote. It seems to work with the Apple silver remote.
Yes, I have the same problem. My remote is all configured and working for xbmc on osx but doesn't work on atv2. If I press play, pause, stop etc I just get a funny beep. I've gone cross-eyed looking at all the keymap guides etc without much luck.

Davilla, you mentioned it will be fixed in a future release. Any ideas when that may be so I can look out for it or put it from my mind?

p.s. I agree with the others exceptional work getting this working on atv2. This is the only reason I bought a ATV2.
jusnogood,
Download keith's latest nightly build that contain the additional button ids that us users with Harmony Remote w/ Apple TV profile can immediately take advantage of.

Has 9 additional buttons you can remap/use in joystick.AppleRemote.xml:

Code:
<!-- Additional buttons via Harmony Apple TV remote profile -->
      <!-- pageup     -->      <button id="13">PageUp</button>
      <!-- pagedown   -->      <button id="14">PageDown</button>
      <!-- pause      -->      <button id="15">Pause</button><!-- work? -->
      <!-- play2      -->      <button id="16">Play</button>
      <!-- stop       -->      <button id="17">Stop</button>
      <!-- fast fwd   -->      <button id="18">FastForward</button><!-- work? -->
      <!-- rewind     -->      <button id="19">Rewind</button>
      <!-- skip fwd   -->      <button id="20">SkipNext</button>
      <!-- skip back  -->      <button id="21">SkipPrevious</button>

Button ID 15 and 18 will not work for those who installed BTStack. Will need the latest SMFramework from tomcool with the BREvent id conflict resolved. Not sure if that has been released yet.

If you are already using a joystick.AppleRemote.xml file, make sure to update that to the latest official one that is included in the new build. You can grab a copy directly from github here: https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/blob/atv2/s...Remote.xml
At the moment my Harmony is just set up as an AppleTV remote. How do set it up in the Logitech software to take advantage of these new settings?
T800 Wrote:At the moment my Harmony is just set up as an AppleTV remote. How do set it up in the Logitech software to take advantage of these new settings?

that's my problem too. Nerd
T800 Wrote:At the moment my Harmony is just set up as an AppleTV remote. How do set it up in the Logitech software to take advantage of these new settings?

Yes, can we get an answer for this? I'm drooling at the idea of being able to set up extra buttons.
+1 for harmony remote settings. I tried configuring XBMC(created by someone) in harmony but nothing worked so had to revert back to ATV2 settings.
Thumbs Up 
I just told the Harmony software to map the device as an Apple TV. When you go into XBMC on the ATV1 you dont need to do anything it just works. You get the Fastforward, rewind, stop, play/pause, skip chapter, back chapter all work on the controller.

Similarly on the ATV2 you do not need to do anything. Until tonight none of the buttons mentioned above have worked but since installing the latest build 27th? most of the buttons now work again Smile The only buttons that worked were the arrows, ok and back.

However the pause and fast forward buttons do not work evn thou I have not installled the BTStack as suggested by dazex.

Hopefully we will get the Fastforward sorted soon. The pause isnt a big deal as the play button acts as a play/pause button anyway.
Guys,
If your Harmony is set up as "Apple TV", the new buttons should just work without any further tweaking. Logitech already mapped the newly exposed BREvent to the actual buttons on the remote controller.

Once you update to the latest nightly build, you'll find that play, pause, fast forward, rewind, skip forward, skip backwards, stop, page down and page up buttons on the remote now executes the appropriate XBMC commands.

As Enigma pointed out, some buttons such as play, pause are redundant with select...which essentially play and pause your movie on the ATV2. That's a good thing, because that means you can easily map those redundant buttons via your Harmony Remote software to do something else. Then simply customize your joystick.AppleRemote.xml to execute other XBMC commands.

Some additional XBMC commands I like to add are "ShowCodec" and "ShowSubtitles". Simply edit the <FullscreenVideo> section of the xml to add/edit the button mappings.

@EngmaMaster,
The file that has the conflict BREvent id that prevents fast forward and pause buttons from getting recognized is smframework. This file is installed when BTStack is installed, but it is possible that it's used with other plugins you may have installed. Unfortunately, uninstalling BTStack does not necessarily uninstall smframework. The author of that file is already aware of the bug and I see that he already made the fix. However, I don't know if the fix has been compiled and hit the appropriate repos yet.

So it's not a XBMC issue per se. But it should be rectified in the near future for those affected once the updated smframework gets rolled to the appropriate channels.
Many thanks Dazex that is vey helpfull. Look forward to the fix from which ever source it comes.
dazex Wrote:Guys,
If your Harmony is set up as "Apple TV", the new buttons should just work without any further tweaking. Logitech already mapped the newly exposed BREvent to the actual buttons on the remote controller.

Once you update to the latest nightly build, you'll find that play, pause, fast forward, rewind, skip forward, skip backwards, stop, page down and page up buttons on the remote now executes the appropriate XBMC commands.

<snip>

Thanks for the information. Do you happen to know if there's future plans to add support for even more buttons? Or if that's even possible?
Where I could find the joystick.AppleRemote.xml on my aTV? Which remote I must the harmony set up? As a aTV2?
@SunnyynnuS,

Add Apple TV to your Harmony remote via Harmony Remote Central program. All the new buttons should be automatically mapped for you.

Then simply ensure you are running the Feb 27th nightly and you should be good to go.

The default location of the joystick.AppleRemote.xml is:
/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/system/keymaps/

But if you customize it, you should upload it to your user directory at:
/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/

Just make sure you sFTP in as user: mobile pass: alpine so you don't mess up the permissions.

Also, make sure to relaunch xbmc if you made any changes to your joystick.AppleRemote.xml for those changes to take.

@El Nacho,
Those are all the BREvent ID that we could find currently. Whether there's more is left to be discovered.
@Dazex:

Thx! I've used this keymap-file:

https://github.com/xbmc/atv2/blob/atv2/s...Remote.xml

I uploaded it into my aTV and restarted the aTV. I also set a device "Media PC > Apple > Apple TV 2", but there are just the "normal buttons" Wirkung. I think, the harmony wouldnt send IR-Signals for the buttons, which the normal remote doesn't have? The aTV-LED doesn't blink up...

How to See my XBMC version and how to upgrade to the nightly?
In Confluence Skin, go to System, press right -> System Info. There you can see your current build. To update to a nightly build, see this thread.
I tried it by myself and got nearly all Harmony buttons working, but i received slow down playback issues when using fastforward/fastrewind while video playback. Waiting for a dev to take a look into my debug log as posted in the nightly thread.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Logitech Harmony support for ATV2?0