Live TV without PVR
I think "Live TV" should not necessary mean "PVR", IPTV sources like :
- HDHomeRUN
- SAP Stream
- Stream from DVB>IP Bridge like getstream, mumudvb or dvblast
Should be accessible into live TV menu without PVR backend.

Thanks
Huh You can watch live TV now with a HDHR and no PVR. Check out the wiki.
Indeed mythtv tvheadend and hdhomerun can all already stream to the current dharma xbmc
Hi,
I was not really clear in my preceding post.

My thought is :

- "Live TV" menu should be accessible without having a PVR backend installed and configured.

- "Live TV" menu should contain "TV Channel" and "TV GUIDE" submenu accessible with a PVR backend installed and configured.

- "TV Channel" submenu may have different sources type : SAP Stream, HDHomeRUN, HTTP stream URL, RTSP stream URL, or PVR backend (so SAP and HDHomeRun should move from Video>Files to Live TV menu)

- "TV GUIDE" submenu may have different sources type : Now/Next directly from MPEG TS EIT, Now/Next from PVR backend, Full Guide directcly from XMLTV file (tv_grab_...), Full Guide from PVR backend.

To resume this, I'll say : Live TV menu should be usable without PVR back.
If I'm reading you right, what you want is a channel guide & TV like interface for the built in HDHomeRun (or other streaming sources) allready in XBMC?

IANA Developer, but wouldn't it make more sense to move these features from XBMC itself & re-implement them as a very limited PVR plugins?

Does the PVR system allow multiple PVR plugins at the same time?
From what I have seen it is possible to have several plugins enabled at once. Yet I doubt its aware to have EPG for channels not included in the channel list itself. So you may have several sources, but you also may have duplicate "stations".
something like this is already planned, but probably won't be arriving in mainline any time soon. don't have the time now.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV without PVR0