[LIVE] - How upgrade XBMC 9.11 to 10.0
Guys
Sorry for openning a new topic about this, but I can´t find the direct thread.
So, I have an Asrock ION HT 330 with XBMC 9.11 Live instaled on it, with almos 100 GB of media files.
I want to upgrade it to XBMC 10.0 but I don´t want to format, reinstall and reconfigure everything again (E.G.: Remote control, Video and audio output, wireless, Samba, general prefences and copying media files).
I tried " sudo apt-get update" but only the Linux LIVE basic packages were update.
So, how is the safest way to upgrade it ?
Thanks so much!
This is how I have done it. Doesn't effect any of my sources or settings.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
I tried tight wad's instructions and I am still at 9.11. Did this work for you Icarlin?
Thanks in advance to both of you.
I Just had fineshed the update Process and it has worked fine!
I don´t lost any of my configurations. Even the check mark for watched files has been kept
Thanks do Much!
Guys !
Something odd has occured!
After upgrading my XBMC live 9.11 to 10.0 via "sudo apt-get update / install xbmc" the usb drive automouning does not works anymore!
Someone know how to fix it ?
I know you dont want to hear this, but its usually better to reinstall. Especially on LIVE. Consider setting up a separate partition for your media files, or better yet use a NAS or external drive.
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
CASHMON3Y Wrote:I know you dont want to hear this, but its usually better to reinstall. Especially on LIVE. Consider setting up a separate partition for your media files, or better yet use a NAS or external drive.
I Just have finished to rollback to 9.11 and everything is work Fine.
I didn´t have a good experience with 10.0:
- HDMI Audio doesn´t work
- IrDa Remote controler MCE doesn't work too.
AFter downgrading to 9.11 ( with full-formating) everything is fine

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] - How upgrade XBMC 9.11 to 10.00