[AppleTV2] ATV2 skins and performance?
Was wondering as i'm now pondering grabbing an ATV2 to replace my WDTV,

i dont have a stereo and dont see me getting one any time soon so the stereo only output/downmix isnt a big deal....

My TV is only 720p anyway so the 720p output and all my 720p videos will play nicely together.

What i wonder though is performance on the skins i heard one issue with the old ATV was that skins like Aeon didn't work well and were very laggy... is this still the case on ATV2Huh?

Also is their a way to force LowTide to auto-run XBMC so my wife doesn't have to know to click XBMC, i know its minimal but u know... minimal clicks for the wife the better
seriously not a single response after 400 views?
This is to new to really say anything about skins. They have a lot to work out before this is as sound as the linux or windows builds.
Regarding Aeon, I'm sure it will lag a lot, as one of my current HTPC's with an AMD X2 5000+ and 2GB RAM can't handle some of the views on Aeon. Could just be my config that's had it, but yeah, Aeon will be laggy.
Yeah the default skin is quite laggy
I tried changing it to PMS and SLik and it seemed much snappier
I installed Aeon MQ2 last night and it was completely unusable to say the least. I really wish it was fast and zippy - what a beauty to look at.
xmacvicar Wrote:I installed Aeon MQ2 last night and it was completely unusable to say the least. I really wish it was fast and zippy - what a beauty to look at.

I know, bit of a shame. Wonder how things will look under the new iphone and ipad2 hardware? Smile
Anyone use the "night" skin? If so what is the performance like in the movie library with fullscreen fanart with covers etc?
For me the best at the moment is transparency no lag and beutiful look

2 option mediastream redux nice too
topfs2 gave this response in a related thread

Quote:The GPU in ATV2 is slower than that of ATV1. We will obviously continue to optimize but a lighter skin (like SLiK) might help out quite a bit.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=699...stcount=11
Alaska Revisited ist quite good. Some animations fail, but that will probably be fixed in time Smile

Peter
I love mediastream redux but it appears broken to me

On the left hand side which shows MOVIES, TV SHOWS, etc, the text isn't white but its black so you can't even see it. Anyone have any ideas here?
xmacvicar Wrote:I love mediastream redux but it appears broken to me

On the left hand side which shows MOVIES, TV SHOWS, etc, the text isn't white but its black so you can't even see it. Anyone have any ideas here?

same for me , its general I think
I agree with PMKnecht, Alaska Revisited is responsive and very usable, especially for a first release on the ATV2, the only problem I have is that if you go to Movie Information or TV Show Information it doesn't layout very well, but im sure it will get fixed in time.
Where can I find the version of SLik that would work on the AppleTV?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] ATV2 skins and performance?0