[AppleTV2] ATV2 skins and performance?
DazNoonan Wrote:Agree Simplicity is fantastic... How are you finding Cirrus? Any slowdown at all?
Cirrus is fast, but not as fast as Simplicity. I love the look and layouts Cirrus offers. So its still my favorite.
freaksworth Wrote:I think PM3.HD is doing pretty well. smooth.

+1. The PM3.HD skin with animations disabled runs like a dream. It was the official skin once Smile
Elipsis for me. Beautiful UI. Runs pretty fast to me, Animations can be turned off and Really customizable. I like the moving clock and the smoke across the screen so I keep the animations on Tongue
I'm using Simplicity on the iphone and really want to try the other skins, but can't get to the settings, surely there is something simple I'm missing here to scroll across to settings...?
For anyone else having problems changing skins...

from: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ecific_FAQ

I changed skins on the iPad or other touch device and now I can't navigate back to change them... help!
Unfortunately, most skins aren't designed with touch in mind. The only way to fix this problem, currently, is to delete or edit guisettings.xml, found in your userdata folder.
UserData folder can be found at /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
I just jailbroke my ATV2 and would like to get my hands on an Aeon version. I tried Aeon NOX but that is clearly too heavy for the ATV2 to run.

Somebody recommended Aeon65 earlier, but development seems to have stopped, and when I try to install the latest version, I only get an error from XBMC stating that dependencies were not met, and the installation quits.

Anyone got any recommendations?
warius Wrote:I just jailbroke my ATV2 and would like to get my hands on an Aeon version. I tried Aeon NOX but that is clearly too heavy for the ATV2 to run.

Somebody recommended Aeon65 earlier, but development seems to have stopped, and when I try to install the latest version, I only get an error from XBMC stating that dependencies were not met, and the installation quits.

Download the skin & unzip then use filezilla to place the skin folder in the Addons folder on the ATV2. Go to settings > Appearance and change the skin as you normally would.
warius Wrote:I just jailbroke my ATV2 and would like to get my hands on an Aeon version. I tried Aeon NOX but that is clearly too heavy for the ATV2 to run.

Aeon Nox is, by far, the most efficient version of Aeon. I'm using Aeon Nox, and it seems to be working nice-and-smoothly for me. One way of improving skin performance is to disable the views which you are not using. Have a look in the skin specific options for these settings.

If you're using iOS XBMC ver. 10.0-7 or lower then the Aeon version in the Official Repo should be fine. If you're using a later version of XBMC then try the pre-Eden version of Aeon Nox. Here's the download link:

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/zipball/master

And follow this guide to get it installed:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=764...stcount=85
clayfree Wrote:Download the skin & unzip then use filezilla to place the skin folder in the Addons folder on the ATV2. Go to settings > Appearance and change the skin as you normally would.

Thanks! This worked, but I have to say even though I disabled some menu items and the "smoke"-enhancement, Aeon65 is way to sluggish on ATV2. Pretty, but very sluggish.

procrastinator Wrote:Aeon Nox is, by far, the most efficient version of Aeon. I'm using Aeon Nox, and it seems to be working nice-and-smoothly for me. One way of improving skin performance is to disable the views which you are not using. Have a look in the skin specific options for these settings.

If you're using iOS XBMC ver. 10.0-7 or lower then the Aeon version in the Official Repo should be fine. If you're using a later version of XBMC then try the pre-Eden version of Aeon Nox. Here's the download link:

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/zipball/master

And follow this guide to get it installed:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=764...stcount=85

I believe this is the version I installed some hours ago. Thanks for the tip on disabling view modes, I will look into that now and comment on how it works out Smile

EDIT: I disabled every view mode except for Posters (which i use for movies) and Low list (which I use for tv), and while it increased the responsiveness of the main menu (especially), I am still experiencing enough problems to make me hesitant of using this. The low list (TV section) does not load my thumbnails and the poster view looks all stretched out..? Also the poster view for movies looks beautiful, but crashes XBMC when I scroll through the movies quickly.

Anything else I can do to reduce the resource consumption?
Apple TV2 [XBMC 10.0-9 (PRE-11.0) / Firmware 4.2.2 Build 8F305 (iOS 4.3.1)]
For those interested, I find NEON usable on the atv2 and a decent compromise for those who like AEON. I have had times when moving through the some of the views too fast where it crashes back to the frontrow screen. Since skin support has been some what of an unstable thing I have not been too focused on it. All and all it has work OK.

I think it is described as a blend of night and aeon.

Good luck
claypigeon Wrote:For those interested, I find NEON usable on the atv2 and a decent compromise for those who like AEON. I have had times when moving through the some of the views too fast where it crashes back to the frontrow screen. Since skin support has been some what of an unstable thing I have not been too focused on it. All and all it has work OK.

I think it is described as a blend of night and aeon.

Good luck

Where do you get the skins? All of them! They are no longer available through XBMC.
gwire Wrote:Where do you get the skins? All of them! They are no longer available through XBMC.

You'll need to get nightly versions of the skins that work with nightly releases of XBMC. You can find these in the skins forum section
Thanks
Im running refocus (eden) right now and it runs smooth. Ive tried some of the other light skins but keep comming back to refocus.

Only sad thing is that irs not in the repo - but hopefully this Will change once it hits 1.0...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] ATV2 skins and performance?0