[WINDOWS] Multiple Extension Points not working?
Question 
Hi there,

I have an addon that behaves as script and as video addon. The addon.xml file has this content:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="net.rieter.xot"
       version="3.2.2"
       name="XOT-Uzg.v3"
       provider-name="Bas Rieter">

<requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.metadata" version="1.0"/>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="1.0"/>
  </requires>

<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"
               library="default.py">
        <provides>video</provides>
  </extension>

<extension point="xbmc.python.script"
               library="default.py">
        <provides>executable</provides>
  </extension>

<extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <!--platform>all</platform-->
    <minversion>29000</minversion>
    <summary>XOT-Uzg.v3 is a plugin/script that allows the playback of a lot of TV shows that are available (legally) via the broadcasters websites.</summary>
    <description>XOT-Uzg.v3 uses the official websites of a lot of different broadcasting companies (mainly Dutch and Swedisch) to make their re-run episodes availabe on the XBMC platform. More information can be found at www.rieter.net.</description>
  </extension>
</addon>

Up until the Dharma release, it would show up under Programs and Video Addons. And it would behave as a plugin in the video's and as script under Progams.

Today I did a GIT update and compiled. Now the addon works the same under Video Addons and Programs: it acts as the first Extension point in the addon.xml. In this case as a plugin.

Is this a bug or isn't it possible to have 2 (or multiple) extension points in one addon anymore?
I found out where it broke. It was in commit a1bfc2d07b93422292592a0da0e7448fb6adbeee. In that commit the loading of addons changed (AddonsDirectory.cp). And it appears that it now uses Addon->Type() to determine if it loads script:// or plugin://.

And somehow this does not work. In the above XML case, the type is VIDEO, not ADDON_PLUGIN. So it will load the script://.

EDIT: it seems that it loads the first extension point twice. If I debug in the Addon.cp (AddonProps::AddonProps(cp_plugin_info_t *props)) I see the script version passing twice.
Created a ticket (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11109) for this. I guess the commit needs to be reviewed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Multiple Extension Points not working?0