[iPad] Setting up UPnP remote access for XBMC?
So I've got XBMC working just great on my iPad on my local network streaming my media collection via UPnP.

My setup at home consists of

HTPC Running XBMC with external harddrive attached.

I've got UPnP sharing turned on and the iPad when on my local network can stream everything great.

What I want to setup is a way to do the same when I'm away from home on a wifi network.

Does anyone know howto setup the correct port forwarding for UPnP and then add it as a source in XBMC?
There must be a mobile application either from AppStore or 3rd Party that would sync to the URL that's on the media server.
It's not really a viable option to stream full movies from your home network. You really need a transcoding service to be able to fetch your media from a remote location. (something like plex media server, but that's a whole other ball game)

If you really want to try it though I would setup a VPN service on your home router. Then login to the VPN on your iPad.

I'm not sure if upnp requires multicast though in which case a pp2p VPN doesn't support.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPad] Setting up UPnP remote access for XBMC?0