[AppleTV2] Jailbreak Apple TV 2 (ATV2) with / from Windows?
Question 
Is there any way I can jailbreak an apple tv 2 with windows.

Thanks Gav
Link in the first post here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1308979
Anyone? I would like to know as well. Have only a PC.
Oh... wait do have an old Mac running OSX 10.3 at office. Do I really need at least 10.6?
thanks dtviewer. Just what I need looks like i'll run over to the apple store now.
Thanks dtviewer, I looked all over Google but couldn't find anything.
Is there any way for AppleTV tethered boot on windows or ubuntu ?
This does not work with 4.1.1 (which the one i bought had on it)... i am screwed unless i can find someone with a mac
Building a Mac OS X Virtual Machine to see if it is possible to do it thru that
Am i the only one wondering WHY this is a mac only process? It seems like all you need Mac OS for is to build the firmware... once that is built shouldn't windows Itunes flash it?
Numus Wrote:Am i the only one wondering WHY this is a mac only process? It seems like all you need Mac OS for is to build the firmware... once that is built shouldn't windows Itunes flash it?

i believe your correct.

i posted a quick and dirty semi guide here explaining that mac is only needed to create the ipsw. everything else can work in windows.
Numus Wrote:Building a Mac OS X Virtual Machine to see if it is possible to do it thru that

Any luck with OSX Virtual Machine?
lixer Wrote:Any luck with OSX Virtual Machine?

Forgot to reboot the computer after VMware Installation.. so not sure if the freezing that was occurring was due to that, or if there is just something wrong...
Numus - check ur PM
Swwethip1 Wrote:Numus - check ur PM

I saw that.. and the VMWARE is progressing further then before so i think this fixed it (and i allocated half a gig of mem to it... probably should dedicate more then 1 core, but oh well)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Jailbreak Apple TV 2 (ATV2) with / from Windows?0