Req Alarm!
Exclamation 
Kodi as HomeTheater need one extreemly useful option - morning alarm with auto playback at setted time of music files or network radio or video, etc. Better with Windows Job Scheduler integration, so Kodi will can weakup PC from sleeping.
I can guaranty - this will be one of the most popular function! Wink
I agree, this feature would be very high on my most-wanted list.
In fact it's right below the possibility to have reminders set on PVR live broadcasts ;-)
This could all be made a service addon (except the wake up)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
try this http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.service.alarmclock/

it wont wake your PC up from sleep, but it works ok for "a always on" device..
(2015-12-02, 14:14)AshG Wrote: try this http://addons.kodi.tv/show/script.service.alarmclock/
it wont wake your PC up from sleep, but it works ok for "a always on" device..
Thanks! But my HTPC is a powerfull PC with huge graphic power for games and make too many noise when turned on, so I preffer to turn it off or into sleep/hibernate (stand by) mode. I think its will be very useful for most HTPC-Kodi owners to weakup they HTPC with pleasure morning music from Kodi Alarm. Wink
I used to live on my own in a little flat. I had one media PC in the lounge, and no alarm clock. So I set up a cron script to tune mythtv to a radio station at a set time every morning. Just had to remember to set the volume right on the amp, too quite and I slept, too loud and the neighbours complained.

An addon could set the bios wake up time, hardware permitting.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
a program like kodi can never wake up your PC from suspend. Thats what the bios options to wake up at specified times are for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alarm!0