[AppleTV2] ATV2 4.1 XBMC Crashes after few minutes
I haven't changed anything, but it seems to be working for me now.

aaaaaaannnnnd right as i say that it crashes. What do you mean by wire?
dirtbag88 Wrote:I haven't changed anything, but it seems to be working for me now.

aaaaaaannnnnd right as i say that it crashes. What do you mean by wire?

Wired LAN, not wireless.
Running since XBMP
oh no shit. I didn't even realize my apple tv had an ethernet jack.
dirtbag88 Wrote:How is that a fix? I would prefer not to have to tether jailbreak this shit. I'll try to wipe and reinstall 4.1

Agreed. For me this is a brand new jailbreak w/ nothing other than XBMC installed (no NitoTV, Plex etc installed). I am using Ethernet for network.
Crap Reporter logs are here:
/var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter

I have spent some time working with Davilla on this issue.

XBMC isn't crashing, it is being told to shutdown when Lowtide crashes.

While scanning movies I had this problem constantly, once I got beyond that to adding my TV shows it became stable. It hasn't crashed since I left it on all night.
Dense Wrote:Crap Reporter logs are here:

While scanning movies I had this problem constantly, once I got beyond that to adding my TV shows it became stable. It hasn't crashed since I left it on all night.

Interesting.... Maybe thats what I had happened. But this resume is killing me its so random
Running since XBMP
Exact same problem for me as well.

Crashes about 4 minutes, regardless of what is being done. (Adding source, browsing category, watching videos).

Happens over both wifi as well as ethernet. Tried turning off screensaver, to no avail. Really dont want to upgrade to 4.2.1 to use it. Will try digging up the crash report shortly....

I think you are right about Lowtide restarting, but I question that it only occurs while adding shows. I have seen it happen when nothing appears to be occurring on XBMC: For instance I was just sitting on the menu:

17:48:57 T:149856256 M:118784000 NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections
17:53:10 T:1043761256 M:118829056 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
17:53:10 T:1043761256 M:118829056 NOTICE: Saving settings
17:53:10 T:1043761256 M:117760000 NOTICE: stop all
17:53:10 T:1043761256 M:117760000 NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
17:53:11 T:149856256 M:117313536 NOTICE: destroy
Here is the CrashReporter log:

# less LatestCrash-Lowtide.plist
Hardware Model: AppleTV2,1
Process: Lowtide [116]
Path: /Applications/Lowtide.app/Lowtide
Identifier: Lowtide
Version: Huh (Huh)
Code Type: ARM (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]

Date/Time: 2011-01-22 17:53:11.248 -0800
OS Version: iPhone OS 4.1 (8M89)
Report Version: 104

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x10000000
Crashed Thread: 19
cletus Wrote:Here is the CrashReporter log:

# less LatestCrash-Lowtide.plist
Hardware Model: AppleTV2,1
Process: Lowtide [116]
Path: /Applications/Lowtide.app/Lowtide
Identifier: Lowtide
Version: Huh (Huh)
Code Type: ARM (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]

Date/Time: 2011-01-22 17:53:11.248 -0800
OS Version: iPhone OS 4.1 (8M89)
Report Version: 104

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x10000000
Crashed Thread: 19

use a pastebin site please, I can't see thread 19.
I can confirm that I had this same problem when using XBMC on 4.2 PwnageTool 4.1.2 Jailbreak. I figured it might have had something to do with a prompt to update software. Anyways, I decided that since the wiki states that only 4.1 and 4.2.1, it might be worth trying to rejailbreak to the latest version using Seas0nPass. This resolved the issue. Hope this information helps someone.
xikkol Wrote:I can confirm that I had this same problem when using XBMC on 4.2 PwnageTool 4.1.2 Jailbreak. I figured it might have had something to do with a prompt to update software. Anyways, I decided that since the wiki states that only 4.1 and 4.2.1, it might be worth trying to rejailbreak to the latest version using Seas0nPass. This resolved the issue. Hope this information helps someone.

Oh wow I didnt even think of that. I did disable update notification using NitoTV because it was annoying me and right about after that it started working..... So that might be it.
Running since XBMP
I have the same problem on FW 4.1. I tried to play a movie twice both times it crashed within 10 mins:
http://pastebin.com/FkBsu9Bf
And second one:
http://pastebin.com/CQ9NfAJ3

After I installed NitoTv, and disabled the update message it no longer crashes after 10 mins , it is now running for over 2 hours.
Got the same problem. Was running 4.1 (4.0) patched with snowbreeze before. XBMC kept crashing every few minutes. I tried building a firmware with pwngetool, also 4.1, same problem.

Installed nitotv, so i could disable updates screen, but my xbmc keeps crashing and the updates screen keeps popping up.

Any ideas?

Edit: looks like when i disconnect the network connection, xbmc runs fine....

How do you get beyond the crash while scraping for movies? Did you just keep doing it until it was done? I am having the same issue. It seems to crash every it gets through adding 1 movie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] ATV2 4.1 XBMC Crashes after few minutes0