[LINUX] (atv1) Power management Qs using Sam's image
Hi,

Firstly thanks to everyone on XBMC team, Scott Davilla and Sam for making my atv1 box more usable than what SJobs intended.

I am trying to reduce the idle power consumption for ATV1 (Sam's) linux image I have set up.

I am manually doing a 'hdparm -Y /dev/sda' to put HDD in standby, as my linux image is on USB stick. (where can I put it so that I do not have to do this manually after every reboot)?

I have set the GPU sleep option in XBMC.

However, whenever I see the cpu freq it always seems to show 1Ghz running speed. I am not sure I am checking the right places (system-info in XBMC, /proc/cpuinfo on command pront), but I would like to know if there is power saving mode in Sam's latest image, and the way to test whether the CPU has throttled down.

Thanks for your time.
atv1_user Wrote:Hi,

Firstly thanks to everyone on XBMC team, Scott Davilla and Sam for making my atv1 box more usable than what SJobs intended.

I am trying to reduce the idle power consumption for ATV1 (Sam's) linux image I have set up.

I am manually doing a 'hdparm -Y /dev/sda' to put HDD in standby, as my linux image is on USB stick. (where can I put it so that I do not have to do this manually after every reboot)?

I have set the GPU sleep option in XBMC.

However, whenever I see the cpu freq it always seems to show 1Ghz running speed. I am not sure I am checking the right places (system-info in XBMC, /proc/cpuinfo on command pront), but I would like to know if there is power saving mode in Sam's latest image, and the way to test whether the CPU has throttled down.

Thanks for your time.

Have a look at putting a shell script in /etc/init.d/ and then symlinking it from /etc/rcS.d/ ..Google the latter path for more info on what it does.
Thanks for the hint. I realized I could put the hdparm command in rc.local.

Still trying to get some pointers on limiting CPU frequency. Any help will be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] (atv1) Power management Qs using Sam's image0