[AppleTV2] Scrolling with the remote
Is there a setting to have the remote scroll through a list as opposed to clicking one at a time? I will wear out the remote after a few daysSmile

philip
pmcd Wrote:Is there a setting to have the remote scroll through a list as opposed to clicking one at a time? I will wear out the remote after a few daysSmile

philip

If you're in the list of movies, just hit right on the remote and you will be controlling the scroll bar then which will page through by letter I think.
I dont think it is a hardware limitation.. since the DFU presses are long presses.. it obviously can see continuous keypresses...
TheAccuser Wrote:If you're in the list of movies, just hit right on the remote and you will be controlling the scroll bar then which will page through by letter I think.

Yes but it is still one press per page. Every other XBMC version allows you to scroll continuously. And the native ATV2 scrolls fine in a continuos way.

Philip
I see this is still a problem.

You can scroll through the menus in the apple interface. It's only when you get into xbmc that you can no longer scroll when holding the button in.

This is a real annoyance to have to move left and right to go through lists.
yea and you also cross posted too Smile
I experience the same issues too
If you teach your apple tv to learn a ir remote and don't use the stock apple one it will allow you to hold to scroll
CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote:If you teach your apple tv to learn a ir remote and don't use the stock apple one it will allow you to hold to scroll

Any more info on that, how would it work with a harmony remote?
Under settings/general/remotes and It probably does it even was able to learn my receivers stock remote
Davilla. Sorry about the cross post. :-)

I too would like to know to to teach my Harmony remote to do repeats to get past this issue.

I've tried numerous things, but nothing seems to work.
I simply programmed Logitech remote to atv2 and it allows you to scroll by pages. Also some skins, Quartz i think, when you press right it also allows you to scroll that way
Just an idea to toss around... I still had the MCE receiver infront of my TV and its connected to the same windows7 server that used to be my "HTPC" using an HDMI before. Took me a week to figure it out, but as I was using eventghost, I simply changed the XBMCRepeater plugin to connect to my ATV2 instead of localhost and now I can use all the button combos/settings exactly as before and scrolling is working like a charm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Scrolling with the remote0