MCE remote doesn't completely work
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to XBMC, but i am here because i'm having a problem, so i hope you can help.
Maybe i'm doing something wrong, or i'm just missing something.

I have Windows 7 64 bit running XBMC 10.

I also have a brandless MS mediacenter remote, i can not find a picture of it anywhere, but its black, it looks like the one on the picture below, but then in black ofcourse.
Also mine has the "my tv, my music, my pictures, my videos" buttons at the top, and it also has teletext at the botom.

receiver: (this is exactly the one i have)

The navigation buttons work, play pause, back and most of those buttons work.

But the other buttons don't, like DVD menu, my videos, context menu, and i can't configure any buttons either, i tried the keymaps, and i tried the MCERemote addon.

I also tried this option, but i don't know allot about registries, so after making the reg file like described i got an error installing it, so that doesn't work for me either.

I hope soneone knows what my problem is, i've been messing with this for a week now. Sad

A second thing, how do i disable Windows Mediacenter from opening when pressing the green button, XBMClauncher doesn't work for me, for some reason it makes xbmc reopen everytime i close it, and xbmc had some weird crashes and freezes with that app installed, uninstalled it, everything was fine again. But that's less important, my main prio is getting the remote to work.
you might have this Remote, I do not know if it uses the eHome Driver! But if it does, then it will make everything pretty easy for you.

The Remote I use is This and I have created custom Remote setup files for it that will take care of all the XBMC functions that you might need on your remote.

simply visit My Remote Setup page follow the instructions and you should be good to go. If your remote does not use the eHome driver then you might face some issues configuring it.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers,
EG.
thnx for the speedy reply,

Unfortunitely i'm still having sort of the same problem, it got better after your tutorial, the info button works, and i now have my Guide button for the context menu, but changing the keymap and MCERemote addon doesn't remap theise buttons (i want DVD menu to be context menu for example)

My remote is quite an exotic one i think :p

i just made a picture:

The Green Button part is like this:

When i use your solution, or XBMCLauncher, both of them create this problem:

(don't mind the toolbar in the top, its remote desktop, without that it also does this.)

edit: it could have something to do with my multi monitor setup i think, but still its weird..
MrSkyline Wrote:thnx for the speedy reply,

Unfortunitely i'm still having sort of the same problem, it got better after your tutorial, the info button works, and i now have my Guide button for the context menu, but changing the keymap and MCERemote addon doesn't remap theise buttons (i want DVD menu to be context menu for example)

i just made a picture:

The Green Button part is like this:

When i use your solution, or XBMCLauncher, both of them create this problem:

(don't mind the toolbar in the top, its remote desktop, without that it also does this.)

edit: it could have something to do with my multi monitor setup i think, but still its weird..

It might be easier to remap your buttons using the MCERemoteMapper.exe available on my site, full tutorial here. All you have to do is swap buttons so make the "DVD Menu" button send "C" [just select C from the drop down menu] and Make the "Guide" button send "M" instead. Save and restart. you should be able to see the change now.

Does your remote use the eHome Driver?

anyways, if that did not work then there is anotherways but do this first and I will be able to help you further in case you have any more issues.

Btw no my Green start butron method is not responsible for this effect on your screen.

Cheers,
EG.
I'l try the MCE Remote mapper tomorrow, that should work i think.

its time for bed now.

My IR receiver does use the ehome driver, i don't know if that says anything about the remote itself.

And the green butonscript does for some reason cause the weird view, but so does XBMCLauncher.exe, when i uninstall them and just start xbmc via shortcut there's no problem, when i install one of the options again, its back.
Its probably a setting because i'm using a 1920x1080 and 1280x1024 display at the same time, but i haven't tested the setup without the second display yet.

it's a weird problem, XBMC still works, but i miss most of the display.
It's late now, so i'l continue tomorrow.

cheers!
MrSkyline Wrote:I'l try the MCE Remote mapper tomorrow, that should work i think.

its time for bed now.

My IR receiver does use the ehome driver, i don't know if that says anything about the remote itself.

And the green butonscript does for some reason cause the weird view, but so does XBMCLauncher.exe, when i uninstall them and just start xbmc via shortcut there's no problem, when i install one of the options again, its back.
Its probably a setting because i'm using a 1920x1080 and 1280x1024 display at the same time, but i haven't tested the setup without the second display yet.

it's a weird problem, XBMC still works, but i miss most of the display.
It's late now, so i'l continue tomorrow.

cheers!

Ok no problem Big Grin I have to go to sleep too ;-)

Anyways, you have the eHome driver then you are perfectly fine. Your remote should work perfectly. :-)

Btw, you must've installed something that make's your screen act funny. The script I have does nothing but start xbmc, bring it forward I.e. Focus it and if minimised it will maxise it. It can not paly with your screen like this ;-)

Good night,
EG.
MrSkyline Wrote:...

This is the RC6 receiver I have.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-OVU400.../dp/B001EUE2W2
http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Media-Cent...230ba3325a

It's OEM OVU4003/00 made by Philips (look at the back of the receiver, you'll find the model). Looks exactly the same as yours. I use Harmony remote to control this receiver. Here is the thread dedicated for this type of receiver using Harmony remotes.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ony+remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote doesn't completely work0