Banner at season level for Tv shows
For tv shows, I have banners. But when i get to the season level, for e.g. Season1, i get posters,which distortedly show my banners. I wish to know ho can i get banners in place of ugly posters at season level. Hope for an answer, Ronie.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
mind posting a screenshot, so i can exactly see what you mean?

tv show banners shouldn't be a problem, but do you mean you're also using season banners?

check the fanart view at 'season level'.
it should both show the tv show banners as well as the season poster.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
It is possibly the same problem I am having.

Transparency is a great skin, I try out others but always come back to it.
Thank You.
Eddie.
eddiem Wrote:It is possibly the same problem I am having.

you're using tv show posters.
enable Settings > Skin Settings > TV Shows - Use posters
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hey Ronie, I am getting distorted posters (in the pic above Eddiem is having posters and distorted banners, as he has posters, by default) . Is there anyway, that instead of showing both banners and posters at season level, i can have only either of the two?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
i still need a screenshot
and an answer to these:
- are you using tvshow banners or posters?
- are you using season banners or posters?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Using Season wide banners for seasons.
Using Banners for Tv shows
bandelguy Wrote:[b]Using Season wide banners for seasons.

thanx. there's no support for wide season banners in Transparency!

i'll look into it if i can implement it in a future release.
Thanks Ronnie for answering my query.
Might be the wrong place to ask.

Is it possible to block xbmc from downloading wide banners for season? It happends now and then on some shows.
And it's really annoying
Sorry for bumping old thread,
Ronie, so there's still no support for wide banner at season level?
I have hundreds of tvshows so wide banners would look better on season level than tvshow level...
Can't find the option on the newest version..
If not.. mind giving me a hint on which xml i should mod for this feature?

Edit : Ah i see, so it's "disable poster".. and the banners now move to the plot area?

What if i want to move the banner to the right list Ronie?
(2015-08-26, 11:50)denywinarto Wrote: If not.. mind giving me a hint on which xml i should mod for this feature?

you need to edit 4 lines in View-Fanart.xml

change the condition on lines 21 & 61 to:
![[Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons)] + Skin.HasSetting(Fanart_Show_Banners)]

change the condition on lines 111 & 151 to:
[Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons)] + Skin.HasSetting(Fanart_Show_Banners)
(2015-08-26, 16:37)ronie Wrote:
(2015-08-26, 11:50)denywinarto Wrote: If not.. mind giving me a hint on which xml i should mod for this feature?

you need to edit 4 lines in View-Fanart.xml

change the condition on lines 21 & 61 to:
![[Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons)] + Skin.HasSetting(Fanart_Show_Banners)]

change the condition on lines 111 & 151 to:
[Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons)] + Skin.HasSetting(Fanart_Show_Banners)

Strange, it seems Iconbanner calls poster in season level?

Both Fanart_ShowBanners and TvShowposters are set to true
do you have banner images for each individual season?
.. at least that's what i though you wanted to do.

maybe i misunderstood you and you want to display the main tv show banner in the list,
then you also need to modify the IconBanner variable in Includes_Variables.xml:
Code:
    <variable name="IconBanner">
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(banner))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(banner)]</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.banner))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.banner)]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
    </variable>
(2015-08-27, 10:43)ronie Wrote: do you have banner images for each individual season?
.. at least that's what i though you wanted to do.

maybe i misunderstood you and you want to display the main tv show banner in the list,
then you also need to modify the IconBanner variable in Includes_Variables.xml:
Code:
    <variable name="IconBanner">
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(banner))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(banner)]</value>
        <value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.banner))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.banner)]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value>
    </variable>

I see, didn't know the banners were different for season and tvshows..
But now it's showing same banners for all seasons... in thetvdb,com there are more than 1 available banners..
How would you make it different for each season?

Didn't it used to work that way? I remembered having different banners per season for Lost..
Or is there specific script/ addon needed for this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Banner at season level for Tv shows0