[AppleTV2] ifo and VOB playback issues ATV2
Question 
Hello,

I am in love with the phenomenal job done by the XBMC team to iOS, really enjoying it on my ATV2.

I am running into an issue trying to play files coppied from a DVD.

I copied the video_ts folder contents to a folder on my media server computer.

when I find them on my ATV2 and select the .ifo file and nothing happens, and sometimes it tells me to check the log which results in this:

"02:09:33 T:133910528 M:105709568 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
02:09:33 T:181239808 M:105705472 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
02:09:33 T:181239808 M:105705472 ERROR: Error on dvdnav_open
02:09:33 T:181239808 M:105705472 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [smb://... "

I also tried just opening the VOB files themselves, but that was a mess. But they rebuffered every couple seconds, so I thought it might be a bandwidth issue and tried it through xbmc on my macbook, the stream of the .ifo file went fine.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, it would be great if anyone could give me a hand with this.

at any rate I'm impressed and appreciative thus far.

cheers,

Evan.
Taken from the iOS FAQ:

Quote:VOB/ISO files do not play correctly/at all as libdvdcss has not be enabled.
Ahh

I'll just go ahead and put my foot in my mouth.

Thanks!

Any idea if it will be enabled in future? Want to know if I should be converting.
I'm not sure as I don't know why libdvdcss has been disabled, but I sure hope it will be enabled soon as I've got tons of children movies in ISO-format that my daughter watches on a daily basis.
evan.pawlak Wrote:Ahh
Any idea if it will be enabled in future? Want to know if I should be converting.

Same here, just try to explain a little child why the DVD's won't play upstairs, when the do play in the same XBMC interface downstairs Smile It's even harde to explain to a little child then to my wife Smile Downstairs we use a PC en upstairs a ATV2 Sad

I didn't notice this in the bug / feature list, I think it something everybody wants, or do one of us need to ad it to the feature list?

Regards OneDutch
ifo/vob work fine if you use one of the nightly builds that Keith is nice enough to provide in the sticky post at the top of the page.
If I understand correctly, IFOs including a dvd menu don't work with the stable release. Has that been fixed in the nightlies as well?
i use the 3/26 nightly and it will play ifo/vob kinda sorta. Using ifo itll load up fine, just dont try and switch menus, ive never had that work. Itll play if you select play, and it works just fine.

Playing the vob files directly works as well, just seems to get stuck some times when switching files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] ifo and VOB playback issues ATV20