How can I uninstall / remove / delete skins downloaded via the Addons Manager GUI?
Question 
I downloaded a few of the other skin options from within the appearance settings under "get more". I downloaded several that I don't want to use, so I would like to remove some so I am not taking up space on the AppleTV internal memory.

I couldn't find a way to remove them from the GUI, and I couldn't find them in the directory structure via SSH. I looked in /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons and a few other directories, but didn't see any of the things I downloaded.

Does anyone know where those are located and how to remove them?
Settings->Addons. Pretty obvious from there I think.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

porkozone Wrote:I downloaded a few of the other skin options from within the appearance settings under "get more". I downloaded several that I don't want to use, so I would like to remove some so I am not taking up space on the AppleTV internal memory.

I couldn't find a way to remove them from the GUI, and I couldn't find them in the directory structure via SSH. I looked in /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons and a few other directories, but didn't see any of the things I downloaded.

Does anyone know where those are located and how to remove them?

that skins should show up there.

skin.confluence for example is in there. this is also where i extract my skins to.
jmarshall Wrote:Settings->Addons. Pretty obvious from there I think.

Yeah, it is pretty obvious now. I had used older versions of XBMC that didn't have that menu, so I just wasn't looking for it.

Actually, it was even more obvious than that. It was right in the menu I was in. In the Appearance menu, if you go to the list of your installed skins, choose "Get More". In that list it shows the ones that are installed. Selecting one of them pulls up another options/info screen that lets you uninstall that skin.

That's the good and bad about XBMC...just about anything you want to do is possible, but sometimes finding the right combination of clicks and menu screens can take awhile.
iLLNESS Wrote:that skins should show up there.

skin.confluence for example is in there. this is also where i extract my skins to.

I think that's only the case if you install the skins manually yourself to that directory. When I use the "Get More" menu from inside the GUI, the other skins I've downloaded are NOT in the addons directory. skin.confluence is there, but none of the other ones are there. It's not as important now that I found out how to remove unused ones, but I would still like to know where they are stored.
Get More... from the skin selector simply takes you to the Addons->Get Addons->Skin folder.

If you go to Addons (System->Addons) then you'll see you have "Enabled Addons" which shows anything installed. Again, you can do what you want from there (disable, uninstall, update etc.)

The addons manager is your entry point for all addons management. The "Get more..." links are simply shortcuts. You'll notice shortcuts are also available when you try and set a video addon (skin settings in some skins) or when you select scrapers (not sure that one made it into Dharma).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I think mines broken because I'm trying to figure out how to go back to the original skin. The enable and disable options are grayed out when i go into settings/add-on/ enable. I'm using transparency.

Edit: never mind. If you go into appearance then at the top you can select what skin you're using.
It is REALLY obvious how to REMOVE skins: GET MORE
Why couldn't I realize that GET MORE means remove/manage?
Could someone please change GET MORE to ADD/REMOVE skins?
Normally people remove add-ons/skins using the add-on manager (wiki). I'm not sure if it's possible to remove a skin in Kodi v15 from the "get more" menu, since there's been a lot of improvements to loading skins.
Hi, I can get to the option to remove/unistall Ace but it will not let me!?!?!? And I cannot disable it either?? It has caused me nothing but issues and I want to delete it and go back to my original menu. PLEASE HELP ME!!
Which skin do you have running when you try?

You can't remove the skin you're currently using, you need to switch to another one first (Confluence is always a good standby).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I uninstall / remove / delete skins downloaded via the Addons Manager GUI?0