[MOD] PseudoTV (Script View) for reFocus
I have looked at the wiki, would someone mind pasting an example script they use for tv shows? I cant seem to make it work!
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Tried to get this working, used this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Movie Comedy Channel</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="is">Comedy</rule>
<limit>100</limit>
<order direction="ascending">random</order>
</smartplaylist>

to create a movie channel, named it Channel_1.xsp and placed it in the dir, all it did was start playing stuff then crash.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Sranshaft Wrote:Pressing i will bring that OSD at any time while watching a video. You can then press left to see which videos you watched / missed and press right to see which videos are coming up for the channel you are currently on.

I'll soon be adding ability to click 'ok' to skip to video and start playing it. Also, I'll be adding in up and down actions to switch the channels.

It sure can and is something I've always wanted to add in. I've already started looking into it and should be in the next update.

I'm sorry, I asked in a totally messed up (and frankly unreadable) manner. What I meant was, will that OSD (as I said, shown in that image) work for all video, or just for watching TV? I don't use XBMC for watching TV, but I like that style OSD. It's better than what currently in reFocus when I hit the 'i' button IMO.
rd1979 Wrote:I'm sorry, I asked in a totally messed up (and frankly unreadable) manner. What I meant was, will that OSD (as I said, shown in that image) work for all video, or just for watching TV? I don't use XBMC for watching TV, but I like that style OSD. It's better than what currently in reFocus when I hit the 'i' button IMO.

The OSD shown in that image will only appear while using this addon. Jereon is currently working on adding it the reFocus to replace the current OSD.

Also, I just wanted to point out this addon isn't for live TV. It uses the videos already stored on your system through the use of smart playlists.

Piers Wrote:to create a movie channel, named it Channel_1.xsp and placed it in the dir, all it did was start playing stuff then crash.

Your playlist looks correct. Can you please upload a coy of you debug log to pastebin.com so we can see why it is crashing for you.
moontan77 Wrote:When viewing the epg, the fourth channel down never shows the channel number for me just T....

hi had the same problem if you go into thescript.PseudoTV.epg xml scroll down to channel 4 number description you will see the id is 311 the same as channel 1 change the channel 4 id to 314 and all will be good

<control type="label" id="311">
<description>Channel 4 Number</description>

to
<control type="label" id="314">

WKF
wkf Wrote:hi had the same problem if you go into thescript.PseudoTV.epg xml scroll down to channel 4 number description you will see the id is 311 the same as channel 1 change the channel 4 id to 314 and all will be good

<control type="label" id="311">

to
<control type="label" id="314">

WKF

Good catch and thanks for pointing that out. That'll teach me to code at 4 in the morning. Laugh
Deleted.
Is it possible to make a smart playlist open an addon?
It would be great to have nickjr,cbs,cnn etc on this Nod
jabba200 Wrote:Is it possible to make a smart playlist open an addon?
It would be great to have nickjr,cbs,cnn etc on this Nod

Not currently.
Can you share all of your channel icons with us?
Channel icons are included in the zip file found at the beginning of this thread.
Sranshaft Wrote:Channel icons are included in the zip file found at the beginning of this thread.

That zip has 6 of them, but none of the rest shown here:

Sranshaft Wrote:Image

The ones in the 1.5 zip are

Adrenaline Network
Asimov Network
Chiller
Kid TV
Animation Station
Comedy Network
I just installed PseudoTV and created 5 smart playlists in XBMC with the file names "channel_1" to "channel_5" and then added <name>something<name> to the created .xsp files. Then I copied the files of this mod into my refocus folder and fired up XBMC and went into psueodtv. After a minute or so the scanning was done and an episode started playing. But when I hit enter to get into the EPG I see all 5 channels but only channel 1 has the correct name and only channel 1 shows a real EPG. But then I'm stuck and I can't do anything anymore (except pause/unpause). I have to kill XBMC using the task manager. What am I doing wrong?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
BigDaddyRal Wrote:That zip has 6 of them, but none of the rest shown here

Sorry about that. I'll upload the whole set and update the first post with a link to the zip file.

Montellese Wrote:I just installed PseudoTV and created 5 smart playlists in XBMC with the file names "channel_1" to "channel_5" and then added <name>something<name> to the created .xsp files. Then I copied the files of this mod into my refocus folder and fired up XBMC and went into psueodtv. After a minute or so the scanning was done and an episode started playing. But when I hit enter to get into the EPG I see all 5 channels but only channel 1 has the correct name and only channel 1 shows a real EPG. But then I'm stuck and I can't do anything anymore (except pause/unpause). I have to kill XBMC using the task manager. What am I doing wrong?

Can you upload a debug log to pastebin and, if possible, zip the playlists you're working with so I can make sure they aren't the problem.

I'm not sure why you're needing to add in the <name> tag. That is possible from within XBMC. Set the name of the channel to whatever you like, go about configuring the filters, and when you hit OK, in the dialog that appears enter your "Channel_#" filename.

Also, I don't know if it's necessarily needed but try setting the filenames of the playlist to "Channel_1", "Channel_2", so that that it's a capital C. This will help me narrow things down.
Sranshaft Wrote:Can you upload a debug log to pastebin and, if possible, zip the playlists you're working with so I can make sure they aren't the problem.
Didn't have time to check the debug log earlier but took a look at it now and I think it has to do with XBMC not knowing all the durations of the movies / episodes.

Sranshaft Wrote:I'm not sure why you're needing to add in the <name> tag. That is possible from within XBMC. Set the name of the channel to whatever you like, go about configuring the filters, and when you hit OK, in the dialog that appears enter your "Channel_#" filename.
On my screen the "Edit Playlist" dialog seems a bit messed up which is why I didn't see the field for the Playlist name. I thought it should be there but then I thought maybe it was forgotten.

Sranshaft Wrote:Also, I don't know if it's necessarily needed but try setting the filenames of the playlist to "Channel_1", "Channel_2", so that that it's a capital C. This will help me narrow things down.
They are already named "Channel_1.xsp" etc sorry for the typo in my previous post.

I'll try to create a playlist containing only files with known durations and when that works I know what is wrong with the rest. Otherwise I'll get back. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Ok it seems to be the duration. Removed all playlists but the first and now I can navigate in the EPG etc. But I still can't leave the PseudoTV plugin. I can switch between the video player and the EPG but nothing more. ESC and Backspace don't work. Only the "S" key works to bring up the home menu. But when I e.g. choose "Movies" in the home menu from the "S" key I can't navigate in there. I'll investigate further.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] PseudoTV (Script View) for reFocus1