[THEME] Stainless Steel theme - need help.
Smile 
I am working on a new theme and would like some thoughts on the icons used and the layout. Here are some sample screen shots. Tell me what you like and if you would rather have the list screen icons look like buttons or just recessed into the background.

Settings:

HomeList:

or

I am still working on the background, trying to give it a more metallic look. I could also use some help looking or creating Weather icons. As far as I can tell this will only affect the home list screens. What I am looking for are .png | .jpg | .psd files of the 30 or so weather icons that are flat. Everything I have found so far is just very small (icon sized) and I need bigger images. Here is an example of what I am looking for, only bigger:

Good luck finding the weather icons; they're a pain to locate and, assuming you want this on the official repo, also remember to make sure they're free.

As for the style, recessed into the background is definitely the way to go.

Glad to see you're getting more creative with this.
Hitcher Wrote:Glad to see you're getting more creative with this.

...as opposed to us guys who are just changing colour palettes and icon sets, you mean.

Blush Wink Laugh

(jk)
Hitcher Wrote:Good luck finding the weather icons; they're a pain to locate and, assuming you want this on the official repo, also remember to make sure they're free.

As for the style, recessed into the background is definitely the way to go.

Glad to see you're getting more creative with this.

It appears that I am going to create the weather from scratch as I cant seem to find exactly what I am looking for. PITA making shapes in Photoshop, but I don't own Illustrator or some other fancy vector graphics package.

Anyway, since they will be mine, they will be free.

The other shapes are either public domain icons/symbols or freely redistributable for non-commercial work or stuff I had to build myself.
Second question, should the settings screen be treated the same way? Should it be a button or embossed into the background?
Embossed, no doubt.
I agree, Embossed is the way to go!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THEME] Stainless Steel theme - need help.0