XBMC skin for 2.40:1 (2.40) or 2.39:1 (2:39) aspect ratio projector screen?
I have a little dilema that I hope someone can help me brainstorm some options to fix my issue. First, a little background:

I am using a Panasonic AE4000 projector on a 2:40 format screen. Basically, the panny projector can zoom the image down so the 16:9 image displays on the screen with black bars on the side, then, when a 2:40 movie is being played, it zooms again to fit the screen for the movie itself. It still displays the black bars on top and bottom; however, those black bars are projeted off the screen so you do not see them.

So, here is where I am having some problems.

When I display my HTPC on my screen, it is outputting in, what I assume is, 16:9 (1920x1080). The panny projector can zoom so it fits ont he screen, but I have to do this every time for every movie (it has an auto zoom function, but it is a little flaky, and slow to respond).

Is there an XBMC option / skin that will project in 2:40 format? (or, a skin that produces a 1440x810 ish image with black bars on top and the side) available? I would love to be able to start XBMC and play movies without having to play around with the settings on my projector each time.

Or, anyone know if this could be a windows function somewhere? Or, specific video card option? I have a ATI Radeon 5570 vid card.
Have you tried setting Window's native resolution to a 2.40 format (1440x800). Xbmc should see this resolution and use it automatically.
I did set the native windows resolution to the 1440x800, however, it did not work as intended. I'm ok with the regular resolution for now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC skin for 2.40:1 (2.40) or 2.39:1 (2:39) aspect ratio projector screen?0