buffering
Is there a way in settings to increase buffering cache?
Any help? I don't find the buffer cache setting in settings?
Has it been disabled in iOS?
I also have this question. I'm streaming 720p MKV files over an 802.11g wifi network. So could really do with being able to tell XBMC to do some serious buffering.
eXACTLY....but I have the impression that he doesn't stutter so often since I changed the skin to PM3 HD....
Where can we increase buffer cache?
anyone know how to increase the video buffering cache? In the old xbox version, I know you could do it, but I can't seem to find a way to do it on the iOS version....thanks in advance
jhonny30 Wrote:eXACTLY....but I have the impression that he doesn't stutter so often since I changed the skin to PM3 HD....
Where can we increase buffer cache?

This is interesting. How much free ram do you have (see System Info) when running PM3? I have ~123mb free using Alaska Revisited and don't get any buffering on h264 below 1080 or xvid below 720...

Perhaps xbmc uses free memory for buffering?
The buffer is fixed size in code. There are 2 buffers if i remember correct - one messagequeue with 40MB and on buffer in the inputstream, don't remember the size ... increasing the buffer will not fix your issues - i've tested that. Samba is just a bloated big crappy protocol and i think the cause that some people don't have issues and others have has something to do with the used constellation (samba server software, samba server hardware, networking, used videoformat, threading scheduling on iOS, and so on).

If you google about samba and video streaming problems you find a lot in other projects too. Unfortunatly there is no nfs client support in xbmc.

As always - this is MHO ... so don't blame me...
If an experienced developer is willing to work with me, I can point out and help assist in getting an internal afpclient into xbmc. This would use afpfs-ng libs and if one has noticed, that lib is already in the ios-depends and upcoming osx-depends build (hint, hint).

I'm spread too thin right now to focus and take this on but I can point out what needs to be done.
first i have to get avahi-daemon and netatalk to run on my openwrt nas ... otherwise afp wouldn't be the solution for me Wink ... my next three weekends are busy, but maybe i would try to do this if you point me in the direction...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
buffering0