Atv1 vs atv2
Ok,

I ordered an ATV1 from ebay with a 250gb hard drive for $120. Now i am kind of regretting it. Lol i should have researched more. I thought the ATV1 was more powerful then the ATV2. Is this true? How does the ATV1 work with xbmc is it smooth. I looked through the forums but everyone seems really worked up with the new ATV2.

Thanks for the help.
Big Grin
CORRUPT27 Wrote:Ok,

I ordered an ATV1 from ebay with a 250gb hard drive for $120. Now i am kind of regretting it. Lol i should have researched more. I thought the ATV1 was more powerful then the ATV2. Is this true? How does the ATV1 work with xbmc is it smooth. I looked through the forums but everyone seems really worked up with the new ATV2.

Thanks for the help.
Big Grin

ATV1 works great with Linux and a CrystalHD card. Remember that it only has 256MB RAM, though, so it's best to use a simple skin like the default Confluence, or even PMIII HD, and to leave the output at 720p.

1080p works, but you get stutters every now and then on high bit-rate encodes.

It works well on the native ATV OS as well, but struggles more with "fluidity" on menus and with 1080p video.

So... read the thread on installing Linux on the ATV here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...he_AppleTV

-Wes
Thank you for the advise. I am a real noob and dont use linux or have a Mac. Is there any way i can do this install with a windows pc?

Thank you for the advise.
oh it does allow windows lol.

Dumby me

I am excited.Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atv1 vs atv20