XBMC Live - error, connection timed out when accessing QNAP NAS
Question 
Hello all

I'm a newbie and would be truly grateful to anyone that can help me with my problem.

I've installed XBMC 10.0 live to my HP Compac desktop.
I was able to configure a Movies & TV shows SMB link to my QNAP TS-439Pro NAS. At the time of the install, I was able to browse the movies & TV shows on my NAS. I even was able to scan and download the movie info data.

But the next day and since, when I go to access the Movies & TV shows link, I get the following error message "ERROR, connection timed out",followed by "Remote share, Could not connect to network server"

When I go to create another SMB share, I get "Error, Error2, Share not available".
On another previously saved SMB link, I get "Error, connection Refused"

Whilst all this is happening:
> on my laptop, I'm able to ping & browse the QNAP NAS,
> able to ping the XBMC box from the laptop
> able to ping the NAS from my XBMC shell?
> The XBMC box also has internet access via my wired network & can get all the weather data and RSS info?
> DHCP is all via the router.

I've rebuilt my XBMC box since & the exact same thing happens....able to get data initially.....then after some time.....Error connection timed out, when access the SMB link to the NAS.

Is there something i'm overlookingHuh
If you are going to recommend something from an XBMC point of view, could you pls be as specific as possible as I'm still learning Linux.

Thanks for reading my post.
rvec
I've sorted out my own problem.
It was a DNS issue on the XBMC box.
When I mapped the SMB drives using the IP address, all was OK.
But funny enough when I went to create the SMB drives initially, it would bomb out as soon as you selected the SMB option......even before asking for the path.
I'm still stumped how DNS would work initially, then after some time loose the DNS settings.
All my router configs are static & don't changeHuh?
Anyway....just thought I would update the post for anyone else experiencing the same issue.

rvec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live - error, connection timed out when accessing QNAP NAS0