Adding TV Series
sidewalksuper, thanks for that info. I took a quick look at wiki link & will have to re-read & let info soak in. Looks like it's beyond my understanding at the moment, especially where the beginning of the wiki mentions the following: "advancedsettings.xml" is useful for advanced/expert users and for installers". I don't mind learning this procedure, but is this really what I need to do at this time? Looks like I'm given 2 choices: the one sidewalksuper has advised & the advise from steppedup. I think my first step would be to follow steppedup advise. To do this where & how (what would the procedure be?) would I edit from BIG LOVE - S01E01-E02.dvdmedia/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO to Big Love - S01E01-E02.ifo? Here are screenshots showing the menu structure in XBMC http://img821.imageshack.us/g/picture11zy.png/ beginning with Picture 1 showing menu option with TV Shows 2, whereby if it is selected then Picture 2 presents me with option to choose BIG LOVE, with following Pictures showing the results after I select them. Picture 4 shows (5) options to choose, with the top option being BIG LOVE - S01E01-E02.dvdmedia. Choosing that option gives me Picture 5 with VIDEO_TS option presented. Then when I choose this I'm given Picture 6, which has 24 items, the top item being VIDEO_TS.IFO. If I 'right-click' on VIDEO_TS.IFO I'm given a menu with (8) options from 'Queue item' to 'Settings' (Picture 7). The next 4 pictures (Pictures 8-11) shows (11) options if I 'right-click' on the corresponding menu item. In advance, thanks for bearing with me.
Close out XBMC, and make the changes in Windows Explorer itself.
Thank you, steppedup. The equivalent in Mac for Windows Explorer is called Finder. Take a look at these screenshots: http://img638.imageshack.us/g/pic3vo.png/. I was able to replace .dvdmedia from the extension with .ifo at the end of BIG LOVE - S01E01-E02 by going into 'Get Info'. You can see where I edited by looking at pic 2 which shows the path of BIG LOVE - S01E03-E04-E05.ifo (this is still a DVD Player Media Document & not a .ifo Folder in this screen shot - whereas BIG LOVE - S01E01-02.ifo has successfully been renamed & now shows up as a folder - notice the icon to the left of the names - .ifo was added to the other 4 dvds by double-clicking on each one & adding the name they weren't edited in 'Get Info', therefore they are still media documents & not a folder). 'Get Info' information is shown to the right in pic 2. Pic 3 shows XBMC window superimposed over Finder & you can see what the menu option looks like when the bottom 4 DVDs have not been converted/renamed with a .ifo extension. The first menu choice does have .ifo. Has this first menu option (BIG LOVE - S01E01-E02.ifo) been correctly changed as you've advised? Should I go forward & make the same change on the last 4? If so, once changed with the .ifo extension, then what steps do I need to take?
I just told you to close XBMC, create a txt file (from terminal: "touch advancedsettings.txt"), open the file, insert the code I offered, put the file in /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata
and rename the file to advancedsettings.xml

Then when you add the tv source or update the library in XBMC it will scrape all of the dirs you have correctly.

As far as steppedup's advice goes... You are renaming folders.... whereas he told you to rename the file that is called VIDEO_TS.ifo to BIG LOVE - S01E01-02.ifo
Thanks, much sidewalksuper. I made several attempts to using terminal to create .txt file. I inputted "touch advancedstettings.txt" & was given a prompt, but I'm like "a fish on dry land" when dealing with terminal. I do not understand the second step to "open the file". I searched the internet for advice on creating .txt & .xml files on a Mac in terminal. The only advice I could find was to create it in text editor. Here are 3 screenshots of the process I used to create the .xml file: http://img197.imageshack.us/g/picturecha.png/. I opened text editor, clicked 'Format' from the menu bar & chose 'make plain text' with UTF-8, which placed .txt extension (see Picture A). I then placed 'advancedsettings.txt' in userdatafolder (Picture B) & after that, I changed extension from.txt to .xml (Picture C). Have I successfully accomplished what you have advised (albeit in a different or longer way)? Do I also need to still follow steppedup advice & change the VIDEO_TS.ifo to BIG LOVE - S01E01-02.ifo? The thing about that is the VIDEO_TS.ifo file was in dvdmedia (which on the Mac doesn't show up as a folder, but as an image/icon called DVD Player Media Document (see previous post screenshots), it wasn't until I changed the extension to .ifo then it presented itself as a folder on the Mac - thereby giving me this opportunity to change the VIDEO_TS.ifo file to VIDEO_TS.ifo to BIG LOVE - S01E01-02.ifo & in XBMC prior to this extension renaming it was always .dvdmedia).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding TV Series1