Adding TV Series
Here's what I did:
Firstly, create a folder (I called mine TV Shows). Into that folder, drag and/or drop the TV shows you have. Separate each show into its own folder - (that is to say, let's suppose you have files for Fringe, X-Files and Star Trek: make separate folders within the TV Shows folder named for each series. Drop each file into its' appropriate folder. Next, open each folder in turn, and create a new folder (or folders, as appropriate), called Season 1, Season 2 etc, depending on how many seasons you have. Drop into each of these folders the appropriate files.

Now the important bit: the naming convention. If each file in each Season folder is a separate episode, name them using the following format exactly: S01 (for Season 1) E01 (for Episode 1) run together ie S01E01 = Season 1, Episode 1. Repeat that for each file ie Season 2 Episode 2 (SO2EO2) etc until you've done them all.

If you have more than one episode per file, name them according to how many episodes each individual file has ie if a file has 4 episodes, and is Season 1, you would name it S01E01-E02-E03-E04.iso if they're iso files (or .avi if they're avi files etc) .

To add them as a source, go to Add Source in XBMC, navigate to your TV Shows folder and click OK. Then, choose the TVDb scraper option from the next screen and click ok again. XBMC should then begin to add them once you update your library into your system. I would also check directly on TVDB.com to see the naming convention, in case it's different.
Thanks for the reply Kaotician. I had set up a TV Show 2 test folder using this naming convention for Season 1 of Big Love [S01E01-E02, etc.]. I seem to be able to obtain a overall description/information about the series Big Love when I check TV Show Information, but I am giving a quantity of 0 Episodes. I could probably explain things more throughly if I had the ability to attach screenshots. Do I need to make a certain number of posts before I can attach screenshots to a reply? Currently I am not given the opportunity to do attachments under "additional options".
xbmcer2011 Wrote:Thanks for the reply Kaotician. I had set up a TV Show 2 test folder using this naming convention for Season 1 of Big Love [S01E01-E02, etc.]. I seem to be able to obtain a overall description/information about the series Big Love when I check TV Show Information, but I am giving a quantity of 0 Episodes. I could probably explain things more throughly if I had the ability to attach screenshots. Do I need to make a certain number of posts before I can attach screenshots to a reply? Currently I am not given the opportunity to do attachments under "additional options".

Have you tried imageshack, and then posting the link back here? No registration required.

Cheers!
Thanks steppedup, I might give that a go. I've never used it before. I searched around in the FAQS & couldn't find any mention that doing attachments through this forum was not possible. Does this forum not give one that option, ever?
I'm guessing not, since I'm a member and don't have that option either.

i mostly see people use imageshack for pictures, and pastebin.com for actual logs.

You could even do psr.exe (in Windows 7), Problem Step Recorder, and post the video to youtube, and put the link back here.
Here's some screenshots. You'll notice on the television info screen it is showing there is 0 episodes, yet there are at least 2 shows/file.http://img840.imageshack.us/i/biglovepix3.png/
xbmcer2011 Wrote:Here's some screenshots. You'll notice on the television info screen it is showing there is 0 episodes, yet there are at least 2 shows/file.http://img840.imageshack.us/i/biglovepix3.png/

Gotcha...most likely you need to have your files in this kind of configuration, if they're not already:

Big Love
Season 0
Season 1
Big Love.S01E01.My Third Wife Was My Babysitter.avi

If they are like that, then we'll need to see the debug love to figure out what's going on, as it's an issue with Scraping.

Turn on debug logs via Settings...system...Debug...Close out XBMC...Open XBMC, and then turn off library mode, right click on the source, Edit, Hit OK, Then choose TVDB as the scraper, with run automated scraper.

Let it run, turn back on Library.

IF files aren't there, then grab the debug log from user/Appdata/roaming/xbmc/xbmc.log and post it to pastebin.com with link back to here.

Heh - I've been doing a little too much troubleshooting myself as that was all from memory.
Seems a bit more to it - from that. TV Shows should have a folder of their own and not be embedded within a Movies folder.
As Steelman says above. For example, my drive on which I store all my stuff is named by me as 'Media Drive'. In there I have created separate folders for: Music, TV Shows, AVI Movies and DVD Movies, all on the 'top line' of the drive. as it were. (In other words, as soon as you open the drive, those are the four folders you see).
Thanks all of you for the responses. The feedback greatly helps with learning. steppedup, I followed the folder naming convention as outlined earlier in the thread. There is a screenshot of the drive entitled Movies 4 which shows the 2 folders in there (Here's the link to this specific screenshot: http://img11.imageshack.us/i/btvshows2na...ddri.png/) (BTW there are 8 screenshots included in the above link). One folder on the Movies 4 drive is entitled 'Movies 4 Folder' & the other folder is entitled 'TV Shows 2'. In 'TV Shows 2' folder is 1 folder entitled 'Big Love' & in the 'Big Love' folder there are 5 files each corresponding to the 5 DVDS from "Big Love The Complete First Season" DVD collection. 1st file is named: BIG LOVE - S01E01-E02; 2nd file is named BIG LOVE - S01E03-E04-E05; etc. stepped up, are you saying I need to manually input the names of the episodes for each file on the drive the files are stored on? FYI, I'm on a Mac & I use RipIt to rip DVDs. The rips are .Video_TS files. steelman1991, is the naming of the drive 'Movies 4' making you think that 'TV Shows 2' is embedded in the 'Movies 4 Folder'? Or am I misunderstanding & have 'TV Shows 2' embedded in the 'Movies 4 Folder' (see above link & go back 3 images to view 'Movies 4' hard drive set-up)? I'll wait for any responses to this reply before I go on to the next step of submitting a debug log. Once again, thanks all for the feedback.
You should have 1 folder TV Shows
In that folder a Big Love folder
(In that folder maybe a season folder if you want)
In that folder either a Big Love-S01E01E02E03.iso file OR a folder Big Love-S01E01E02E03..... in which you have the DVD files

For that last scheme to work you have to create the advancedsettings.xml in your xbmc userdata dir in which this code should be added.
Userdata dir location is platform specific:
Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\
Vista/Windows 7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\
Linux: $HOME/.xbmc/userdata
OSX: /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata
ATV: /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata
iOS: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

Code:
<tvshowmatching append="no">
     <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
   </tvshowmatching>
What I meant was that your TV Shows folder should not be below your movies folder. Please have another look at the links I supplied earlier in the thread, which tells you exactly how to set-up your folders.

They should be along the lines of (and this is just an example):-

\Volumes\Movies 4\Movie Name\File
\Volumes\TV Shows 2\Big Love\Season x\file

not as you have them - seperate the tv and movies folder, don't have one below the other. Set the content on TV Shows.

I don't want to appear rude, but this is basic folder/file set-up and is more than adequately covered in the set-up guides and the step-by-step guides provided by sidewalksuper - time to read and digest.
That was my bad - I've been cranking out a How-To for SickBeard/ CouchPotato/ SAB, and was too lazy to upload a good picture:

Here you can see Movies and TV Show are both in the USB drive F:\.

Hope that helps!
That's great steppedup! How where you able to attach/post that screenshot? I believe that this is the way I have things set up. I think the confusion to folks is that the screenshots I included previously is a list view showing a DRIVE named 'Movies 4' & with FOLDERS on the DRIVE named 'Movies 4 Folder' & 'TV Show 2'. 'TV Shows 2' is not "embedded" in the 'Movies 4 Folder', those 2 folders are totally separate. Take a look at these screenshots of the file structure, but instead of being in list view they are in icon view: http://img248.imageshack.us/g/4season1foldericon.png. The 'Movies 4' DRIVE would be the equal to your 'F DRIVE'. Picture 1 has a shot of 'Movies 4' DRIVE. You can see the DRIVE icon on the desktop (right of screen) & under DEVICES (left of screen). In the middle of the screen, the 2 "INDIVIDUAL FOLDERS" on this drive is shown. Picture 2 shows the folder in 'TV Shows 2" folder, etc. etc.

steelman1991, I'm not taken any offense to your answers (e.g."appearing rude"), I'm sure it can get frustrating dealing with newbies. I have read this thread & the wiki a few times & it has only been after not being able to fully understand the process & obtain the info for a TV series that I am seeking advice from the experts. I certainly am grateful with any help/advice folks have to offer.
I don't know a great deal about Macs, but while you are telling us that the TV Shows folder is seperate, unless I'm mistaken and reading it incorrectly, your path doesn't look like it - bottom of screen last screenshot - seems to be showing Movies 4\TV Shows 2\Big Love\Season 1 Huh

Seperate they may be, but if they are in the same PATH, they shouldn't be.

Ahh I think I see what we have here:-

Movies 4\Movies 4 Folder
Movies 4\TV Shows 2

What you need to do is take the TV Shows 2 out of that path and have it as a root folder at the same level as Movies 4 ie:-

Movies 4\Movies 4 Folder
TV Shows 2

This is exactly as I advised in my previous post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding TV Series1