[iPhone4] Large SMB shares = crash + won't load after crash
I'm amazed as to how well XBMC works on my iPhone! However here are a couple of issues I've come across:

1) Large SMB shares cause XBMC to crash / exit. The source I added contained over 1000 files. Maybe its trying to generate thumbs for them or something?!

2) If/when XBMC crashes, it remains as a running process in the task switcher, although it won't open if you try and use it. If you kill it and try and re-open XBMC, it hangs on load with a black screen and eventually exits, leaving it in the same state as mentioned. Rebooting the phone clears this issue.

3) Scrolling is a little difficult / often impossible!

4) A big old pile of GUI issues on such a small screen, but that's something I'm sure will clear up over time if/when someone works on a more iPhone biased skin! Saying that, I may look into that my self...

5) When I initially ran XBMC and loaded an HD MKV file, the sheer awesomeness caused me to wet my self. However I see no need to fix this issue, I can always buy more underwear.
Durandle Wrote:I'm amazed as to how well XBMC works on my iPhone! However here are a couple of issues I've come across:

1) Large SMB shares cause XBMC to crash / exit. The source I added contained over 1000 files. Maybe its trying to generate thumbs for them or something?!

2) If/when XBMC crashes, it remains as a running process in the task switcher, although it won't open if you try and use it. If you kill it and try and re-open XBMC, it hangs on load with a black screen and eventually exits, leaving it in the same state as mentioned. Rebooting the phone clears this issue.

3) Scrolling is a little difficult / often impossible!

4) A big old pile of GUI issues on such a small screen, but that's something I'm sure will clear up over time if/when someone works on a more iPhone biased skin! Saying that, I may look into that my self...

5) When I initially ran XBMC and loaded an HD MKV file, the sheer awesomeness caused me to wet my self. However I see no need to fix this issue, I can always buy more underwear.
1. You doing this on wifi or hspda+/whatever the hell service you have high speed? Do you store all the info and art work server side, or do you rely on internet scrapes?

2. Debug log

3-4 Fixes are in the works... remember this is more/less a base code debug (not even close to finished) product. All skins were ment for the desktop environment... so they need to be recoded

5. Sounds like someone switched to big boy pants a little to early.
1) WiFi-N. Given this is file mode and not library/tv/movie mode, scraping, artwork and info doesn't come into it, does it? I've not given the source a content type.

2) I'll see what I can get after work.

3/4) I understand, maybe I should have left those out.

5) Hmm you may be right, the same thing happened on my wedding day and the day I got a promotion, let me tell you - my boss was not impressed!
I had this problem years and years back. That was on the original windows code (right when it first released) and back to the original xbox. Havent experienced it on any device since I went thru the source folders and build subfolders (a-z) and categorised the files in the source folder alphabetically.

Remember in library mode, the device relys on its own internal database that it builds when it scans the file when you update the library or add the original content. In directory mode, it has to scan the entire SMB folder and generator a file list based upon that (same reason your computer takes longer to open a folder with tons of files in it compared to one with less files in it). Pull an XBMC debug log when you try to open the source folder and see what it is kicking out error wise...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[iPhone4] Large SMB shares = crash + won't load after crash0