• 4(current)
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED
The new build is great! The webserver controls are huge and AC3 passthrough is working perfectly over my optical connection.

The only small webserver issue I've noticed is that if I'm using XBMC remote on my iPhone, the controls work perfectly, but the keyboard input doesn't do anything. Just a small thing, but it would make entering info into dialog boxes much easier! BTW, this feature works perfectly on my old ATV running Dharma.

Otherwise, everything seems great! HD working good, audio working good and the menus are nice and quick. I switched to PM3.HD and it's smooth.

Thanks again all!!
Ned Scott Wrote:Bluecop's Hulu plug-in is working with this build! It took forever for the video to start after selecting it, but I'm currently watching a 720 episode of Family Guy with no issues. Watching Conan on the TBS plug-in stuttered a lot, though. I won't bother going into detail for the various plug-ins, but I thought I would let people know that the Hulu plug-in is working.

Some shows work for me and some shows don't. Can you try the ABC show No Ordinary Family (episodes 1 and 3)? I couldn't get those to play.
donaldkwong Wrote:Some shows work for me and some shows don't. Can you try the ABC show No Ordinary Family (episodes 1 and 3)? I couldn't get those to play.

The reason why that is is by default BlueCop's plugin shows you all Hulu shows, Plus included.
Plus is a paid addon to Hulu that requires logging in which the plugin supports.

In Addon Settings you can disable it showing Plus so you only see whats free.
Thanks for the great build everything is working great !!

only issue im still having is when scraping getting no poster .jpg still a still image from the file ??
Works great on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.1
donaldkwong,

Trying not to veer too far of the thread topic. But I think RTMP issue is resolved with the latest release as confirmed by others before me. This allows plugins like Hulu to work on the ATV2.

My results:

I tried playing No Ordinary Family episode 1 on my computer, and that works.

I attempted to play that same episode on my XBMCubuntu box with the latest bluecop Hulu plugin, and that failed. Episode 3 also failed for me. But Episode 2 is working.

I repeated the same test on my ATV2 using meshura's latest build and also the latest bluecop Hulu plugin.

No Ordinary Family episode 1 fails to run. (Error retrieving or decrypting the SMIL file) Episode 2 works. Episode 3 fails.

So at least my result is consistent with your result. Since the problem isn't isolated only to the ATV2 version of XBMC. I am guessing the issue might be in the bluecop plugin itself?

-Dazex
meshuga Wrote:The reason why that is is by default BlueCop's plugin shows you all Hulu shows, Plus included.
Plus is a paid addon to Hulu that requires logging in which the plugin supports.

Ooops...I didn't see meshuga's reply while typing up my last post. So it's a matter of being a plus member. That makes sense. Smile
meshuga Wrote:Try disabling 'generate thumbnails' under Settings > Video > File Types I think. That helped with my ac3 audio playback.

Thank you for the answer. However it did not help Sad

Do you also use HDMI on 4.1.1?
Thanks to meshuga for building this! Nice job- rather quickly dude.
meshuga Wrote:The reason why that is is by default BlueCop's plugin shows you all Hulu shows, Plus included.

I do have Plus and I entered my login and password. I guess it's possible that I entered my password wrong. I'll check on that later tonight.
Just wanted to say thanks for the new build. The interface is a lot faster, and the webserver now allows control via remote.

The only problem I seem to have, is that once I add a new movie, it scrapes and gets the movie info and the fanart, but for some reason it does not automatically select a thumb. This worked fine on your previous build so don't know if an option has been deselected?

Cheers
Well, I had sent my ATV2 back on Monday, because of the 1080p stuttering issue. Guess what, I read this thread today, and will be receiving my new ATV2 tomorrow!! Here's hoping....
donaldkwong Wrote:I do have Plus and I entered my login and password. I guess it's possible that I entered my password wrong. I'll check on that later tonight.

If it doesn't work still, you may want to post to BlueCop's thread about the plugin, or join #xbmc-ios on freenode and talk to him, he's around about half the time since thats a plugin issue and not an atv2 build issue.
Many people seem to still have scraping problems so I'm adding that back to the 'things to be tested' section. Hopefully this weekend I'll have time to narrow to down, or someone will magically fix it. Wink

Thanks for the reports everyone! I've tried to put everything in the first post of this thread. If anyone sees anything missing or has more info to add, post it up!
Great work Meshuga! will you add afp sharing support in the future?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2/iOS] Unofficial builds for testing! NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED2