Visualisation not working?
Tried out some music files quickly yesterday and there doesn't seem to be any working visualisations? I tried the milkdrop and waveform one, neither displayed anything.
Don't know if it's related but the screensavers don't work either - although I see in the latest manual build that the 'dim' screensaver may be working.
Anyone know if these are know issues as I didn't see them listed in the sticky topic?
I believe this is a known issue and relates to the same reason the transparency is not working correctly in some places.
KussieAU Wrote:I believe this is a known issue and relates to the same reason the transparency is not working correctly in some places.

I also tried Transparency on my ATV2 and experienced very low performance. I changed then the ATV2 to the default Confluence skin and the performance is much better.

Same problem here !
Is there going to be a fix for visualizations?
There may be a fix eventually, but we'd need someone to port them over to work with OpenGLES. Here's davilla's explanation from another thread

davilla Wrote:Here's the deal, pretty much all our visualizers use OpenGL, iOS/ATV2 runs OpenGLES. Two letters different but the API is very different. Some OpenGLES wizard would need to port them to OpenGLES.

As I don't really care about visualizers and think them distracting and useless, that wizard will not be me. So patches are welcome from someone who does.

Full thread discussion here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=770740

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualisation not working?0