• 12(current)
[REL] PleXBMC
I installed 1.9.6.3 on Win 7 and it's sort of working. My video channels load from PMS, but when I try to play any of the shows either nothing happens, I get a script error, or I get a message to check my log file. I am not sure where the log file is located though, or what to do with it when I find it. If anyone can help me get this plug-in working it would be greatly appreciatedSmile
I have an extremely basic question. I discover PleXBMC now and I want to know if I could use it to start a server in my house and share my XBMC library in another place over internet and play my movies when I'm away from home.
Thanks a lot.
I'm having trouble running PleXBMC (1.9.9.4), Eden 11, on Win 7. Could someone please take a look at my log file http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11839? I can play Movies, TV Shows, and Music from the PMS, but I can't play Video, or Music channels. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'd love to get this plug-in working.
(2012-10-24, 21:33)GerarLM Wrote: I have an extremely basic question. I discover PleXBMC now and I want to know if I could use it to start a server in my house and share my XBMC library in another place over internet and play my movies when I'm away from home.
Thanks a lot.
You would have to use the Plex media server. Then you can myplex to watch things away from home

JoeBlow42069 Wrote:I'm having trouble running PleXBMC (1.9.9.4), Eden 11, on Win 7. Could someone please take a look at my log file http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11839? I can play Movies, TV Shows, and Music from the PMS, but I can't play Video, or Music channels. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'd love to get this plug-in working.
Try using one of these V2 beta builds. https://github.com/hippojay/plugin.video.../downloads
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I tried V2 Beta 4 w/ no luck. When I try to click on a video channel nothing happens, the meta data doesn't even load. Have you gotten any of the V2 to work for you?
(2012-10-31, 00:06)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: I tried V2 Beta 4 w/ no luck. When I try to click on a video channel nothing happens, the meta data doesn't even load. Have you gotten any of the V2 to work for you?

+1

Using the latest RaspBMC on a raspberry Pi and installed the latest v2 Plexbmc addon. Movies from my own library work fine, but video channels won't play at all.

Also, several channel plugins will not show on the channels section on plexbmc. They do show up on Plex Media Center on my PC.
(2012-10-20, 01:57)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: I installed 1.9.6.3 on Win 7 and it's sort of working. My video channels load from PMS, but when I try to play any of the shows either nothing happens, I get a script error, or I get a message to check my log file. I am not sure where the log file is located though, or what to do with it when I find it. If anyone can help me get this plug-in working it would be greatly appreciatedSmile

I am also getting a script error when I try to open the plugin.

My Plex server is running on a Mac, and can be accessed from other Plex clients without any problems. I am using a Raspberry Pi that is running raspbmc, and I installed the v2 beta 4 plugin there. It is properly configured, and I can see in the debug log that it also fetches and gets the XML for the directory - but then throws a TypeError exception, saying that a 'NoneType object is not callable' in line 3053 of default.py

Anyone has any idea? Thanks!
Does anybody have this plug-in working? If so, I'd really appreciate some help getting this working correctly.
just updated to the newest version of Plex Media Server this morning, and now I can't get anything to play through Plexbmc.... any ideas? will my plexbmc need to be updated somehow as well?
Hmm, not updated mine. Will check and let you know.
Add-on:PleXBMC (wiki) - Play Plex media through XBMC
PleXBMC Helper - Integrate Official/Unoffical Plex remote control apps into PleXBMC
PleXBMC Repository - install and manage all PleXBMC addons
Quartz3 PleXBMC - Integrate PleXBMC into home menus
I've just tried this today for the first time, and I'm getting the same script error problem. I only get as far as seeing my sections (Movies, TV Shows, etc) but when I click on any of them, I get the script error immediately. I tried enabled the debug log and looking in xbmc.log, but as far as I can tell, there is nothing at all in the log that corresponds to when I actually click on a section. I can see where PlexBMC has requested and received the section titles, but nothing after that. The same if I look in the PMS logs. I can see the requests for the library sections, but no request to view the section that I clicked on. I've tried both v1.0.0 and v2.0b4

[EDIT] Ooops, that should be v1.9.6.3 (or whatever is the current one from the repo), not v1.0.0
Well, looks like XBMC 12 Beta 1 may be the issue. I managed to get PleXBMC v1.9.6.3 working with XBMC 11.
Anybody running Eden, I would suggest the latest 2.0 BETA version (last BETA, as I think this is stable now). It's not on the repo (as I still can't figure it out correctly).. I've heard that this should run on Frodo too, but it's as yet untested.

PleXBMC Version 2.0 BETA 6

I've run through a number of tests on my system, both local and remote (myplex). Media playback and transcoding works, tested plugins work (AMT 4od, iplayer, fox new, TED, fOd, rev3, youtube, HY guys, Photo plugins). I've also tested the subtitle system with the stuff I have and it appears to work. No subs on transcoded yet and no way to manually update the lang per media (you'll have to use XBMC to control that)

Myplex queue is implemented, but you'll need a newer skin for that if you want it to show on the home screen. Also, as Myplex is somewhat detatched from a partivcular media server, it sometimes need to auto select a server to start transcoding playback (flash/silverlight).
  • FIX: issue with bonjour not timing out on remote connections.
  • FIX: added the frodo fix as shown above
  • FIX: an issue with URL passing/parsing that was causing some issues with the API
  • Modified: the subtitle setting names to clarify what they do
  • FIX: an issue with subtitles not being displayed in "Plex Control" mode
  • FIX: an issue which was causing the XBMC auto sub downloader to fail for TV shows (untested by me, but I'm told that it works now)
  • FIX: problem with token passing in myplex mode
  • FIX: A compatibility issue with plex 0.9.7 on remote connections
  • Added: Audio and subtitle pre-selection (through context menu - allowing you to set/select the audio and sub stream per media)

https://github.com/downloads/hippojay/pl...v2.0b6.zip
I can confirm this is working on Frodo. In currently using it on my raspberry pi running the latest openelec nightly. Thank you.
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b
the version 2.0b6 posted above-- is this for Frodo or Eden?

I've installed this on my machine running Eden, and it's still not working-- I can see my folders, but can't access anything in them.

I've confirmed that it's not an issue with my Plex Server install as I can browse & play my videos from another device (GoogleTV). Just trying to see if there's something I may need to tweak to get this going again on my XBMC box....
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REL] PleXBMC3