DVD playback with transparent subtitles
I'm running version 10.0 - Released download on Windows Vista 32-Bit
When a forced subtitle appears it appears transparent. Sad Makes watching star wars an issue.

Vista -32 - bit
ATI Radeon 4550

Any other information you need?
Issue still present in 10.1 Sad
Bump, does anyone else see this issue??
Doesn't anyone else watch Star Wars? Big Grin
I just had my first issue with this in the movie "IP Man" As it was my first, I thought it was suspect subtitles on the disc and modded them.

I did wonder if it was something on the xbmc side?? I'm running live 10.00 on an Ion.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Nice, so this only happens for a few movies then? Sad
What would be awesome is if this was an issue on another movie that was more imortant... do forced subtitles work for other people? Is this a skin setting I can just change?
DVD playback is based on a very old library that hasn't been kept up to date lately, ie. libdvdnav. There are many other issues with it, like accuracy of time seeking to name one. I don't think xbmc will ever resolve the issue. I can only recommend you to a) use external player or b) rip your dvd to mkv and find yourself a good text-based subtitle on the internet.
Ok so I should read on how to use an external player then.. Smile thanks.
I'm facing this issue too. In my case it's not related only with forced subtitles, but it occurs in most of DVDs that I try to play.

I can't believe that XBMC team will not fix this issue. As far as I know, the libdvdnav is very, very old lib (last release it was on 2004).

Probably there is another alternative. XBMC is always evolving so IMO they should check for alternatives.

I even tested running on Linux and this issue occurs on Linux version too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD playback with transparent subtitles0