Clickable "Director" field in DialogVideoInfo
Hi guys,

I'm trying to make the Director field clickable in DialogVideoInfo (currently on Confluence but should translate easily to other skins). I have the following at the moment:

Code:
onclick>Dialog.Close(movieinformation)</onclick>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,videodb://1/5/2036/)</onclick>

The Director ID there is hardcoded because I haven't yet figured out how to resolve "$INFO[ListItem.Director]" into the ID of that director.

So two questions:

1. How do I get the ID of the director?
2. Is there a cleaner way to do this?

Cheers
1. You can't.
2. Nope.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks jmarshall.

Would a patch be accepted? What would be the consistent way to go about it? Add a director.id property? Or make the director field call a function like the cast list does? (I haven't actually had a chance to look at the source yet so "function" may not accurately describe how it works)

Thanks
yes, set an additional prop. cleanest imo
Is someone willing to check Fanart not being available in DialogAlbumInfo? All is fine in DialogSongInfo.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I've tried searching for "Writer" (because "Director" keeps finding "Directory" as well) to find where these properties are defined but have so far come up empty. Can I have some guidance?

Thanks
It's possibly non-trivial. Basically you'd need to do a call to the videodatabase to grab the director ID given the name, as I believe by default you don't get that. There may be a general routine to grab that - not sure. Once done, you stuff that in an item property.

GUIWindowVideoInfo.cpp is where the code is to do the display of that window.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I hope you can do it.
Ill be very happy if someone makes the Director field clickable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clickable "Director" field in DialogVideoInfo0