• 4(current)
[AppleTV2]HOWTO Enable BT Keyboard support
this worked perfectly for me using this keyboard
http://www.riitek.com/product_Info.asp?id=45
if anyone can help that would be GREAT. i am getting this error when i use the terminal...

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
ch.ringwald.keyboard-atv: Depends: ch.ringwald.btstack but it is not installable

then this one...

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
org.tomcool.btstack-ui: Depends: ch.ringwald.btstack but it is not installable
Depends: ch.ringwald.keyboard-atv but it is not going to be installed

Using the latest build on the main page. Thanks
ch.ringwald.btstack should be in bigboss repository
If it's missing from your sources, check: http://jaxov.com/2010/07/how-to-add-bigb...ory-cydia/
If you used untethered jb rc6, then it should be there already
It's also possible that the package is temporarily broken (this project is quite active), so maybe wait a day or two and see if things are back to normal
SlrG Wrote:Did the untethered jailbreak too today. DiNovoMini keyboard is working in Lowtide and XBMC. It has now US layout however, which I don't remember being the case before. Anybody an idea how I could change to german?

by Lowtide you mean Directional Pad ?

Does anyone else use a Logitech Harmony remote with their ATV? I've been using a small HTPC mainly for XBMC, but I recently bought an ATV2 for testing with XBMC. If I can get it to work to my liking, I will be repurposing that HTPC.

Anyway, I've been using my Harmony remote to send keyboard presses to my HTPC. I was wondering if anyone's found a way to get the ATV to accept keypresses via a Harmony remote yet?

I'm borrowing an Apple bluetooth keyboard from a friend later to mess around with. I'm going to scour the Harmony forums to see if anyone's figured out any keyboard method for the ATV, too.
Set the Harmony up for an AppleTV and it will work on XBMC on the AppleTV.
This is worked first time for me. It's much a much more responsive way of controlling xbmc than my Harmony remote which has a noticeable lag on every keypress.

Slightly off topic, but has anyone managed to get their Sony PS3 BD remote working? I'd expect that to be more responsive than the Harmony too.

I can get it to show up in the device list when it's looking for discoverable devices, but can't get it to pair. If I select it, nothing happens.
wurz Wrote:This is worked first time for me. It's much a much more responsive way of controlling xbmc than my Harmony remote which has a noticeable lag on every keypress.

Slightly off topic, but has anyone managed to get their Sony PS3 BD remote working? I'd expect that to be more responsive than the Harmony too.

I can get it to show up in the device list when it's looking for discoverable devices, but can't get it to pair. If I select it, nothing happens.

That's what happens with my Rii keyboard.
T800 Wrote:Set the Harmony up for an AppleTV and it will work on XBMC on the AppleTV.

It's been discussed in another thread, but I'm referring to the option in XBMC that says something like "Allow remote to send keyboard presses." I'm aware that a Harmony and an Apple remote will work interchangeably, but I'm referring to utilizing more than the 10 buttons (which includes the directional buttons) that the Apple remote provides you with. I want to be able to send additional commands / keypresses to XBMC.

Anyway, davilla addressed it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91287
wurz Wrote:This is worked first time for me. It's much a much more responsive way of controlling xbmc than my Harmony remote which has a noticeable lag on every keypress.

Same thing happens to me. The included remote is just so small, and I know it will fall in the couch and get lost forever eventually...
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
T800 Wrote:That's what happens with my Rii keyboard.

Well, I guess I am going to hold off buying one. Did you ever have any luck with it? For the price you really cant go wrong, unless it doesnt work!
I bought a BT keyboard, hooked it up and everything works great! I was all excited! But after a few searches in some random apps....i started thinking to myself..."What am I really going to use this for?".

Can anyone give me any out of the box suggestions for use of the BT keyboard?
plutoniumshore Wrote:I bought a BT keyboard, hooked it up and everything works great! I was all excited! But after a few searches in some random apps....i started thinking to myself..."What am I really going to use this for?".

Can anyone give me any out of the box suggestions for use of the BT keyboard?

Well, better control of XBMC... Better custom keymaps, etc.
shanewilliams Wrote:Well, I guess I am going to hold off buying one. Did you ever have any luck with it? For the price you really cant go wrong, unless it doesnt work!

Not yet but to be honest I haven't spent much time trying.
I'm restoring and jailbreaking both AppleTV's in the next few days and I will try again.
T800 Wrote:Not yet but to be honest I haven't spent much time trying.
I'm restoring and jailbreaking both AppleTV's in the next few days and I will try again.

Please let me know how it works out for you! For the price range I personally cant find another keyboard that interests me.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2]HOWTO Enable BT Keyboard support0