Multiimage control
This is probably another beginner question.

I want to cycle through a set of fanart images. My images are named things like:

Harrison Ford-fanart.jpg
Harrison Ford-fanart1.jpg
Harrison Ford-fanart2.jpg
etc..

however, they are in a folder with other images such as:

Harrison Ford-thumb1.jpg
Harrison Ford-folder.jpg
Carrie Fischer-fanart.jpg

So... I guess my question is: is there a way to pre-load a multiimage control with file names? As I understand it now it just loads every image out of a folder.

Maybe use a string compare to find the correct files before it loads them? Or does someone have another idea to make this happen? Obviously the actorname is contained in a Label and appended with thumb, folder, fanart, etc. but I want to be able to scroll through multiple fanarts.

Thanks for the help Smile
Oh... hey... what about this idea? Kind of a false random script. Get the current time, grab the last digit of seconds (or minutes) and append it on the fanart. Would let the skin pull one out of 10 random images (Mila Kunis-fanart0.jpg to -fanart9.jpg) and then use fanart.jpg as the fallback if no image is found in the random?

<label>$INFO[Skin.String(ActorsFolder)]$INFO[Container(3200).ListItem.Label]-fanart$INFO[System.Time(mm)].jpg</label>

That works, sort of. Would work way better if I could just grab the second digit of "mm".

I think the chance of 60 fanarts or thumbs generated is pretty slim, I'm guessing maybe 3 is a lot. So, 57/60 minutes are going to be spent on the fallback and 3 on actual fanart. Not so good.

I can use HH... if we're not using 24 hour time, then that's only 12 possibilities. Not truly random since its based on the time time of day you're using it, but an acceptable solution I suppose if I can't find another.

Or, I suppose... a tiny little python script that just returns a random number.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiimage control0