SMS-style for virtual keyboard?
Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to set the keyboard.xml so that in virtual keyboard, the user can enter text like on a old-fashioned mobile phone, i.e. toggling letters A, B, C, etc. when pressing the button 1 on the remote.

Is that somehow possible?
Nevermind, misread your post, sorry. Is there a delete-option? Rolleyes
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
Jackie78 Wrote:Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to set the keyboard.xml so that in virtual keyboard, the user can enter text like on a old-fashioned mobile phone, i.e. toggling letters A, B, C, etc. when pressing the button 1 on the remote.

Is that somehow possible?

Buttons to be used in JumpSMS are 2-9 you can not use 1 or 0.

Check my keyboard.xml. See my first post in my thread or check my site.

Links in sig.

Regards,
EG.
It's setup this way by default for most remotes. My guess is your remote acts like a keyboard and you have "My remote acts like a keyboard" disabled.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The JumpSMS feature has been implemented into my keyboard.xml file, but it only works on my keyboard...not my MCE compatible remote. I do have "Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses" turned on, but it still only works on keyboard not remote control. Any help?
primetime34 Wrote:The JumpSMS feature has been implemented into my keyboard.xml file, but it only works on my keyboard...not my MCE compatible remote. I do have "Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses" turned on, but it still only works on keyboard not remote control. Any help?

What keyboard layout are you using?
What language are you using?

I know that some different keyboard layouts other than the english US/UK might affect the MCE remote numeric keys!
elitegamer360 Wrote:What keyboard layout are you using?
What language are you using?

I know that some different keyboard layouts other than the english US/UK might affect the MCE remote numeric keys!

English, US

BTW, I don't know if this matters, but I have used the MCE remote addon to do some tweaking to the remote previously
primetime34 Wrote:English, US

BTW, I don't know if this matters, but I have used the MCE remote addon to do some tweaking to the remote previously

Well its worth checking your buttons 2 to 9 in showkey.exe and see if they send "VK_2" to "VK_9" respectively etc.. :-)

Cheers,
EG.
Using showkey.exe showed me that it wasn't registering the button pushes....so, I was figured I needed to go back and reset those keys in mceremote addon. Now it works great! Thanks!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMS-style for virtual keyboard?0