Using Unison for Thumbnail sync...
I have a few XBMC boxes set up in the house. I've got the libraries in a central MySQL database on the file server which serves the media files, and now I'm trying to keep all the fan art in sync with Unison.

My own XBMC (ryan-htpc) and the server have the same thumbnails currently. However, I am running into some strange issues after I added a new movie and had XBMC scrap for the media info -- this should mean that there is new data on the 'client' and the server needs to be updated. So, I run this command on the client:
Code:
$ unison -auto /home/ryan/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails ssh://[email protected]//home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails
(Note, the user on the server is 'xbmc' while the user on the client is 'ryan')

This doesn't do anything, as the output shows:
Code:
Contacting server...
Connected [//ryan-htpc//home/ryan/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails -> //server//home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails]
Looking for changes
  Waiting for changes from server
Reconciling changes
Nothing to do: replicas have not changed since last sync.

However, if I run the command from the server, it shows that there are now new files (due to me adding a new movie to the library), and it want to update:
Code:
unison -auto ssh://[email protected]//home/ryan/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails
Contacting server...
Connected [//ryan-htpc//home/ryan/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails -> //server//home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails]
Looking for changes
  Waiting for changes from server
Reconciling changes

ryan-htpc      local
new file ---->            Video/2/29d901ca.tbn
new file ---->            Video/4/475c0019.tbn
new file ---->            Video/9/94766c62.tbn
new file ---->            Video/a/a11c4028.tbn

Proceed with propagating updates? []

This doesn't make much sense to me... What am I doing wrong? I can't seem to find much info on this...

EDIT: I fixed it by deleting the archives in ~/.unison. This made the program think it was a brand new archive. I must have confused it somehow when figuring it out the first time. =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Unison for Thumbnail sync...0