XviD stuttering: time to convert my library to h264
Hi guys. I'm experiencing some problem with xvids and stuttering.
Since I want to use atv2 hardware decoding capabilities, I'm trying to detect which of my movies need to be converted to h264 (tried with a 1080p xvid and got lot of stuttering; converting it to h264 solved the problem).

I run into these 2 movies:
1)
http://pastie.org/pastes/1508551

2)
http://pastie.org/pastes/1508553

The first one stutters (not a lot, but it's clear that some frames are dropped).
The second one plays nicely.

Can somebody tell me the differences between the two files, and why #1 stutters, when #2 doesn't?

I'm trying to identify a criteria by which I can choose which movies have to be converted in h264, and which don't, without needing to try to play them all on my atv2 (I've got a 800+ movies library...)

Thank you very much for your help Wink

melagodo
The problem you are reffering too is referenced in the known problems sticky. Basically any Xvid/Divx file you have (avi basically) that is encoded in hi-def (720p being most popular) then it will not have hardware acceleration (SD from HD sources is fine). Hi-def divx files are different from h264/x264 and do not get accelerated. Basically thats what you will be looking for.
oldblue Wrote:The problem you are reffering too is referenced in the known problems sticky. Basically any Xvid/Divx file you have (avi basically) that is encoded in hi-def (720p being most popular) then it will not have hardware acceleration (SD from HD sources is fine). Hi-def divx files are different from h264/x264 and do not get accelerated. Basically thats what you will be looking for.

Thanks for your answer!
Yeah, I knew what you pointed out!
But the two xvid info I posted are very similar (same codecs, almost same resolution and bitrate). But one stutters, the other one does not. That's why I was asking if somebody can get the differences between the two xvids, so that I can easily identify videos that need a conversion.

Thank you,

melagodo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XviD stuttering: time to convert my library to h2640