• 21(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?
(2013-08-08, 22:10)Skank Wrote: Just installed this one. Really lovely!
Some comments:

- tvshow quiz, shuts down xbmc and restarts xbmc for me, with movies no problem
- some text is in my own language (dutch) , some are english: is it possible to have all the english in dutch?
Need help translation for it? Willing to....
- for the moviequiz where you see parts of a movie... It sometimes take 5sec from the beginning of the movie and sometimes this is the hollywood introduction trailer, so actually dont see the movie self..
-how is cinema experience integrated?

Twinther?
(2013-08-08, 22:10)Skank Wrote: Just installed this one. Really lovely!
Some comments:

- tvshow quiz, shuts down xbmc and restarts xbmc for me, with movies no problem
- some text is in my own language (dutch) , some are english: is it possible to have all the english in dutch?
Need help translation for it? Willing to....
- for the moviequiz where you see parts of a movie... It sometimes take 5sec from the beginning of the movie and sometimes this is the hollywood introduction trailer, so actually dont see the movie self..
-how is cinema experience integrated?

Hi skank,
Problems like that are usually related to the video files. What type of files are you using?
The problem with seeing the beginning of a movie instead of some random clip is often seen with iso files.

dutch strings can be added on transifex: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbm...nguage/nl/
just look for script-moviequiz.

As for cinema experience integration I'm not really sure how it works. I don't have much experience with that addon.

Br.
Tommy

Hi guys,
I've uploaded a new test version (1.0.1) to my beta-repository: http://tommy.winther.nu/xbmc/
I'ved added initial support for music question (choose Music Quiz on the main menu).
It only contains three question types at the moment and requires that your music is loaded into XBMC's music database similar to how you need to do it with movies.
This version also contains a fix for cinema experience integration curtesy of h0tw1r3.

Version 1.0.1 - 2013-09-29
- Initial support for Music Quiz added
- Fixed integration with Cinema Experience (thanks h0tw1r3)
- Updated language files from Transifex

Br.
Tommy
Hi, i dont use any iso ...
They are all mkv and bluray bdmv format

I'll see to add translation...

Thx for cinema integration
What about bdmv format. isn't that pretty much a copy of what would be inside a blu-ray .iso file?
Similar to a VIDEO_TS folder from a DVD ?

Br.
Tommy
yeah its the standard format for bluray
why would that be the cause?

edit: i did all dutch translation
Installed plugin on OpenElec 4.0 on my RPi. Downloaded the additional data. After launching the plugin my RPi hangs completely (have to unplug powercable to restart). Is this a known issue. Is this plugin supported with Gotham?
It's working fine for me on linux with XBMC 13. I haven't tested on Raspberry Pi though.
Br.
Tommy
I am a first time poster and wanted to tell you that my family has really enjoyed this add on.

I was using the older version .0.9.0.zip because every time I use your newer release the movie clips only play the beginning of the movie. I have tons of movies in dvd format .vob extensions.

Now that XBMC has updated to 13.0, I have no choice but to use your new version because of dependencies with older versions are not met.

I am running XBMC 13.0 on Win 7 laptop.

Do you know how this could be fixed so that we could enjoy this add on again?

Thanks.
I'm using V1.0.1 with Gotham and enjoying every session, don't seem to have a problem with movie clips.

Win7/64 skin T!
Movie Quiz seems to work well with Helix release,
Quote:although the countdown screen seems to repeat while the covers graphic overlay this animation to some extent.
seesm to be fixed in Kodi 4.1

Game plays well for me and exits properly.
IMPORTANT

* Is there any way to make "whats the movie" question (that shows a running movie or TV show) a bit longer? say like 30 seconds? !!!
Hey there, thank you for the addon.

I have a nas working with a plex Server and openelec/kodi running on a mxIII.

How can I use the plex databank to run this addon?
Hi, thanks for the addon.

I tried running it on the latest Libreelec Alpha and had to make some changes to get it working.
(And made my first steps into Kodi programming)

In the file script.moviequiz/resources/skins/Default/720p/script-moviequiz-main.xml Line 94
Code:
<control type="largeimage" id="4500">
has to be changed to
Code:
<control type="image" id="4500" background="true" >
largeimage is deprecated.

And in
script.moviequiz/quizlib/imdb.py line 38 and 40
The original URL part has to be replaced with
Code:
ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pub/misc/movies/database/
This server will stay there for a long while.

It would be great if these changes could be included in the version in the repository so everybody can continue to enjoy the great addon.
In the Krypton nighties and beta, I'm getting the error 'Non existent control 4500' on game entry.

[Edit] PBMacros your fix works like a charm!
(2016-09-17, 21:31)PatK Wrote: In the Krypton nighties and beta, I'm getting the error 'Non existent control 4500' on game entry.

[Edit] PBMacros your fix works like a charm!
I tried to use Movie Quiz on Kodi 18.3 but could not get it to work. From memory I could not get it to work on Kodi 16 or 17 either and there don't seem to be any posts on this addon since 2016.  I was quite impressed with it previously and would appreciate any solutions people may have.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Quiz - how well do you know your movie collection?5