Basic Label String Question
Ok, so I know this is probably really basic...

I have a label: ListItem.Label which contains actor name. What I want to accomplish is to break up the components of the name so that I can display the last name differently than the first.

So if the string is: Vinnie Jones, I need an array with 2 entries index0 is Vinnie and index1 is Jones

Or, for Sarah Michelle Gellar, I need an array with 3 entries; index 0 is Sarah, index1 is Michelle, index2 is Gellar.

Is this even possible?
I'm thinking using the substring function, but I can't wrap my head around it.

Thanks!
Not possible unless you have conditions for every possible name.
Yeah, that sounds like a bad idea Tongue

I'm guessing since my results are getting returned from a script it wouldn't be tough in python to do and then return something like Actor.FullName, Actor.LastName, Actor.FirstName

Where first name may include and middle name or initial.

(Looks around for ppic... Wink
even on script side, it's complicated, what can make sure that we have splitted the name correctly ?
carrie ann moss, sarah michelle gellar, 3 part, but not the same separation, we can't be sure of which part to combine.
ppic Wrote:even on script side, it's complicated, what can make sure that we have splitted the name correctly ?
carrie ann moss, sarah michelle gellar, 3 part, but not the same separation, we can't be sure of which part to combine.

We can just always separate after the last space.

Carrie Ann
Moss

Sarah Michelle
Gellar

Tiffani Amber
Theissen

Daniel Day
Lewis

The odd ones will be such random cases that 99% should be fine. Smile
except for countries that put the family name first
Jezz_X Wrote:except for countries that put the family name first

Then they get little family name and big first name?

You guys are killin' me Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Basic Label String Question0