Interlaced Setup not workin' - solved?
Hi,

as I tried the PVR images some months ago, all Rev. (end 20'ers and beginning 30000 versions) had the same prob:

none was able to proper save the interlace filters.
Also after a short time, the system got stutter while switching the channels and having the menus on screen.

Maybe I did something wrong, but I read about bugs.

All related to PAL TV with 50HZ
Tried already XBMC with main 50 and 60HZ refreshing rate as system setup.
VDR used as the TV part by VNSI

also:
How do you solve the cam part for pay tv?
I'll get my Sky paytv card in a few days and want to use the PC as HDTV receiver if the above problems are solved already. Does this work? Any hints? I'll fully legal own the paytv abo and want to watch using my htpc and don't to use a separate box for TV.

Many Thanks

URBANsUNITED
Hi!

Is here nobody to answer my problem?
Or was it the way I came with the prob to the community?

Many thanks

URBANsUNITED
URBANsUNITED Wrote:none was able to proper save the interlace filters.
Also after a short time, the system got stutter while switching the channels and having the menus on screen.

Maybe I did something wrong, but I read about bugs.
when viewing a tv channel, press M, then go to video settings and set the mode to "temporal". if you have an nvidia card that supports vdpau, choose "(vdpau) temporal". then go to the bottom of the settings and select "use as default for all videos".

Quote:How do you solve the cam part for pay tv?
I'll get my Sky paytv card in a few days and want to use the PC as HDTV receiver if the above problems are solved already. Does this work? Any hints? I'll fully legal own the paytv abo and want to watch using my htpc and don't to use a separate box for TV.
I'm not discussing that here because it's illegal in most countries (also if you're paying for your abo). There's a lot of information available, just use Google.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Hello,

Thank you. This tip greatly improved the quality of DVB-T Live-TV.
I have a XBMC Dharma with live-TV (VDR VNSI) and a USB DVB-T stick. The option, which is named "Zeitlich (Häflte)" on my German setup, works best. Big Grin

[hardware: Zotax ION board with VDPAU]
Sorry,
but I have to come back to this topic.

I did a setup with the current files out ouf the ppa of lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr

My previous question is solved: XBMC is now able to save the different setting per channel and keeps the settings.

But the deinterlacer options are not proper working.
Sometimes it works perfect and when I switch to another channel (same setup, same refresh rate), the playback is choppy.

The best deinterlacer is "temporal/ ION optimized-Auto, but why is playback now good and the next switch, it is horrible?

The same is with the HD channels Sad

I found out, when I change the sound playback from HDMI to analog or coax, the video playback is fine for this channel, but the next switch with the same setting, playback is choppy again. Also when I come back to the correct played channel.

My system uses vdpau of course, but I can't choose under deinterlacer. There are the onces without vdpau only = temporal and no vdpau temporal

My system is

Esprimo e5600 with AMD Athlon 3000 (2100 Hz single core)
2GB RAM
Nvidia G210
Technotrend TT1600
Ubuntu 10.10 64bit
I am watching PAL 50Hz Television from Germany using Astra 19,2°

MKV 1080P files play perfect! also in 24/30hz

Do you need log files?

If yes, how do I enable and where do I find them?

Best regards

URBANsUNITED
did you choose "use as default for all videos" after changing the deinterlace setting? this will set the default, but won't always work correctly because channels aren't sending the same stream types. so after you set the default, you'll have to manually change the setting for the channels that are still choppy.

if you don't see the vdpau deinterlacing settings, they're probably not supported by your video card.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

Yeah,

I first used "use for all videos" and then I had to adjust channel by channel.

My video card is the Point of View GeForce 210, passive cooled version.
The driver version is something with 260.x.

Maybe I have to force the vdpau support? Under "m" playback info, vdpau is written.

Maybe you can guide me to install proper vdpau?

Many thanks

URBANsUNITED
afaik the gt210 doesn't support 1080i deinterlacing using vdpau. that would explain why it's not available.

you can also have a look at your xbmc.log (with debug logging). it'll show you all supported features when you open a video stream.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Strange,

but looks like it can do:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU#Card_status

We are talking about 1080i50 SKY HD channels & SD material

I will take a look at the logs later at home...

Cheers

URBANsUNITED
@ dushmaniac

Hi!

After some testing and setup change, all channels are playing smooth like they should!
Many thanks for letting my think about the issue again.

The caused problem was the wrong audio setup.

I had to change both device under HDMI to hw:0,3 for my nvidia sound card on the video card.

Many thanks also for your hard work!

Cheers

URBANsUNITED
Is it possible interlace on Windows version of XBMC-PVR?

23-01-2011: Prebuild Windows setup of XBMC Dharma final r35648 v2 (git PVR build).

http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...build.html
last time I checked, dxva didn't support deinterlacing.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Interlaced Setup not workin' - solved?0