[AppleTV2] HDMI handshake problem and wireless "timeout" problem
This is my first thread so if I misplaced it or something please remove / put it in an existing thread, thanks..

My setup
ATV2
Seas0npass
TV: Philips 42PFL3604

[HDMI Handshake problem]

This is not an XBMC problem on the ATV2 but I wanted to share my findings with you..

First off, the handshake problem.. My TV flips randomly to a greenish/magenta/solarized(?) screen when using the ATV, this also happens when using XBMC..
My quick "fix" for when this happens is to change to another TV using my remote and then back again e.g HDMI 1 -> HDMI 2 -> HDMI 1

I've found a thread @ apple where the "permanent" fix is to upgrade 4.3b and set the output setting to "RGB HIGH"

The url to the thread
HDMI Handshake

This problem seems to affect all kinds of TVs but mostly Philips tv models with 04 ending in the model number.

[Wireless timeout]

The connection with my router drops.. after maybe one hour it times out and I have to go in to the Settings -> General -> About to get it to connect again.. I have no sleep timers that I know of so I think it's my router that is causing the problem.. I think maybe it drops it due to that I have 4 devices total using the 802.11n network.. A pc, Macbook, HTC Desire and of course the ATV2..
I am now on wired for the time being but I hope I can get some help from you guys..
I have googled some and I haven't found much of value..

Thought I would share my problems/solutions

Shoutout to the XBMC team for a job well done and keep up the good work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] HDMI handshake problem and wireless "timeout" problem0