Python interface to Edit Control
After discovering that there was no existing python access to an edit control within xbmcgui, I've extended this module to allow this. Its only fairly basic (Essentially just lets you retrieve the current value in the edit control) but can be extended easily enough.

I'm happy to submit a patch with this addition however it requires moving the GetDisplayText() function from protected to public in guilib/GUIEditControl.h
I can imagine this is a bit of a no no, so I just wanted to ask whether it was even worth putting a patch together or would it just get rejected?
IMO, put the patch together and put file it in trac where the devs will be able to comment on it. If nothing else it can be a starting point for someone else.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Is there any progress on this? I have no success with this on the latest dharma release. With the use of more and more qwerty remotes it will become handy to have this implanted.

For the gui I'm missing the following python functions:
-control for the TextEdit (retrieve text value)
-control for the ToggleButton (allow toggle from python - setSelected)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python interface to Edit Control0