imon Knob for PulseAudio control on Maverick
Hi,

I have an Antec Fusion Black with the LCD, and had it working wonderfully on Karmic (Mythbuntu) with XBMC as my main frontend. But my main drive crashed horribly a couple days ago after ripping a DVD. So I decided just to rebuild it with Maverick, and it too works pretty good oo-the box. My RM200 remote works with some functions in xbmc. And the Knob works.

However one thing I had configured on my Karmic box was to remove the front knob volume control functions from the XBMC config so it would control my alsa/pulseaudio mixer volume instead (ie: master gain for the whole system). Did this by creating a new remote file (pulseaudio) in my ~/.lirc/ and creating an include to it in my ~/.lircrc file

Going into my lirc configs, I cant seem to find where to separate out the knob codes from the lircd.conf. There is a CW CCW comment for volume in the Antec Premiere section but removing those did no good.

My Mythbuntu install defaults to: /etc/lirc/lircd.conf points to my remote definitions in /usr/share/lirc/remotes/imon/lircd/lircd.conf.imon-antec-veris

In that file it includes 3 remotes: RM100/RM200/Premiere

Here is the odd thing. The only XBMC lircmap for the remotes that I can find is Lircmap.xml in /usr/share/xbmc/system. That file references (among others) the iMON-PAD and RM200 NOT the RM100 or Premiere.

I would try to hash out the bit codes from the remote but the other odd thing is irw returns no values on this box. Wierd since they control XBMC just fine.

Any ideas what else i can look at.
Ok, I fixed the underlying issue. Had to use the Linux Input Layer for the remote. I mighht have caught this sooner, but didnt think my LIRC was broken, cuz some of my remote commands worked.

But I still face my primary issue - how to use the volume knob for alsa mixer / pulseaudio control. I modified my pulseaudio file in ~/.lirc to name the remote 'devinput' but no response from the system voulume.

One problem i do see in this scenario too is the RM200 buttons, and my knob return the same codes. Guess I could just get another remote for the xbmc side.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
imon Knob for PulseAudio control on Maverick0