• 2(current)
[BETA] Simplicity - from the creators of Shade
anyone tried this in ATV2?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I think the dark overlay on the wall view is a bit too much. It looks good that way from a purely aesthetic point of view, but sort of defeats the purpose of the wall view since they become so dim.

Looking very nice though!
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
natew Wrote:I think the dark overlay on the wall view is a bit too much. It looks good that way from a purely aesthetic point of view, but sort of defeats the purpose of the wall view since they become so dim.

Looking very nice though!

Easy fix, will do. Smile
To learn more, click here.
my favourite part of this skin so far is tvguide. Really impressive. I hope other skins take some inspiration from this and intergrate it.
igotdvds Wrote:Yeah.

I dont think missing or non working codec flags is necessarily a bug. The codec may just not have a flag named correctly. I am using the exact same flagging code from Confluence.

Use mine, at least all the flags from my Pack are supported. Evidently as you already have other paths and structure of code you will have to change those. There are like 3 times more flags supported than the code in Confluence. You can easily do it in an hour. You will end with 6-7 flags displayed, so probably you would need to change the size assigned now.

https://github.com/KiSUAN/skin.night.pur...agging.xml

Must say it's a nice skin, it has a couple of views that are really nice and the TvGuide... I might end doing a rip/mod for my mod if you don't mind Big Grin
Have to say I love the TV guide and the new items option on the home screen, this skin is great, i love it. Thanks so much for all the hard work.
Coolness, I will have to check it out.

Have you seen the apple tv 2 netflix interface by chance? I really dig the way a title is displayed with the related movies/shows below it, pressing down shows actor info and other details, going over an actor shows the movies they are in.

Data wise, i can pull all of that info from netflix, but I think that displaying it will require some custom addon skin (not sure what it's called, but a custom dialog within the addon). Just an idea of what would I think would be cool
tested this on atv2 and works perfect. Have not gone thru all options but so far its pretty smooth. I like this skin. Great work.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I'm enjoying the beta! Just a few suggestions:

1. It would be nice if you were able to select tv shows as you see them in the TV Guide.
  2. The backdrop is a little too dark for my liking
  3. I'm having some issues with the banner and poster views, the banner/posters simply don't show up. Any ideas?

Also, What is the TV Theme Music option for?
mpalatsi Wrote:I'm enjoying the beta! Just a few suggestions:

1. It would be nice if you were able to select tv shows as you see them in the TV Guide.
  2. The backdrop is a little too dark for my liking
  3. I'm having some issues with the banner and poster views, the banner/posters simply don't show up. Any ideas?

Also, What is the TV Theme Music option for?

First off, try running the "Get Logos" button under skin settings>Misc.

1. I'll have to see if thats possible.
2. The background is by design (wont change), but mods are always welcome.
3. See tip at top of post.
4. TVTunes Addon
Fantastic skin. The best part on top of it looking so great and feeling so natural to navigate, is how fast it runs.

Of course I realise it is a beta so have some bugs/feature suggestions.

1) On the home screen with recently added turned on, unlike with movies and music, tv show thumbs don't really give what show it is. Maybe some labels or the like. I know when you actually select the 2 on the right they come up with names, but maybe all the time.

2) What does "use bolder plots" actually effect. Tried a few movie views but couldn't see a difference.

3) Same for "disable bread crumbs"

4) In settings, it still says Shade at the bottom of the screen.

5) In movies, poster popup view, there are no units after the duration.

6) When backing out of recently added, for both tv and movies, can you make it skip the middle menu and straight back to home screen.

7) TV Show recently added, you have the episode image for the selected, and then an episode name beside and show name on top. Beside the episode name, is it possible to also have the show name. Just an episode title when looking at a list doesn't really tell what it is. Also, it doesn't show the show summary in the bottom left, meaning the screen is very empty.

8) The banner for my shows comes up fine in the season list, however when i go deeper the same spot in episode list view doesn't show the banner.

9) In episode list view, the currently selected episode doesn't have a watched mark at all. Opposite for movies in poster popup, has for current movie but not for others.

Plus a request, any chance of custom backgrounds, even if heavily dimmed to keep with the theme of the skin.

Again great work. Can see it taking over from Confluence if the girlfriend finds it usable.
1. Great work igotdvds, looks promising, and for a beta it works well. Some things have already been pointed out, but I found something while playing around with it: the watched overlay in poster popup view is off:

2. Also, it looks like there's no animation (or something's wrong with it) in Poster Slide view, the watched overlay doesn't zoom in along with the poster, it just pops up full size. Looks a bit weird. This could just be my old and stupid Pentium 4 desktop PC telling me it needs an upgrade though. Smile

3. "Apps" in the "home" submenu goes to the addon manager, and so does "Addons". I assume "Apps" should be the old "Programs"?

Otherwise, keep it up, for a beta it's fully usable apart from a few glitches, but most of those have probably been reported already.
kulprit Wrote:Fantastic skin. The best part on top of it looking so great and feeling so natural to navigate, is how fast it runs.

Of course I realise it is a beta so have some bugs/feature suggestions.

1) On the home screen with recently added turned on, unlike with movies and music, tv show thumbs don't really give what show it is. Maybe some labels or the like. I know when you actually select the 2 on the right they come up with names, but maybe all the time.

2) What does "use bolder plots" actually effect. Tried a few movie views but couldn't see a difference.

3) Same for "disable bread crumbs"

4) In settings, it still says Shade at the bottom of the screen.

5) In movies, poster popup view, there are no units after the duration.

6) When backing out of recently added, for both tv and movies, can you make it skip the middle menu and straight back to home screen.

7) TV Show recently added, you have the episode image for the selected, and then an episode name beside and show name on top. Beside the episode name, is it possible to also have the show name. Just an episode title when looking at a list doesn't really tell what it is. Also, it doesn't show the show summary in the bottom left, meaning the screen is very empty.

8) The banner for my shows comes up fine in the season list, however when i go deeper the same spot in episode list view doesn't show the banner.

9) In episode list view, the currently selected episode doesn't have a watched mark at all. Opposite for movies in poster popup, has for current movie but not for others.

Plus a request, any chance of custom backgrounds, even if heavily dimmed to keep with the theme of the skin.

Again great work. Can see it taking over from Confluence if the girlfriend finds it usable.

I have fixed most of these. For Number 8: run the "Get Logos" button in Skin Settings.
igotdvds
you're using logo downloader at his full power ?
using poster.jpg, banner.jpg, logo.jpg and landscape.jpg ?

i'm really happy with that !
thanks for using these scripts beyond what i've thought !
ppic Wrote:igotdvds
you're using logo downloader at his full power ?
using poster.jpg, banner.jpg, logo.jpg and landscape.jpg ?

i'm really happy with that !
thanks for using these scripts beyond what i've thought !

Thank you for making them! I like the ability to use whatever image whenever, and wherever. Only problem is, I need it to run at first start up of using simplicity and then not run again unless the user chooses to. Otherwise the first time they use the skin, lots of images will be missing. Ideas?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Simplicity - from the creators of Shade1