• 3(current)
[BETA] Simplicity - from the creators of Shade
filigran Wrote:1. Great work igotdvds, looks promising, and for a beta it works well. Some things have already been pointed out, but I found something while playing around with it: the watched overlay in poster popup view is off:

2. Also, it looks like there's no animation (or something's wrong with it) in Poster Slide view, the watched overlay doesn't zoom in along with the poster, it just pops up full size. Looks a bit weird. This could just be my old and stupid Pentium 4 desktop PC telling me it needs an upgrade though. Smile

3. "Apps" in the "home" submenu goes to the addon manager, and so does "Addons". I assume "Apps" should be the old "Programs"?

Otherwise, keep it up, for a beta it's fully usable apart from a few glitches, but most of those have probably been reported already.

kulprit Wrote:Fantastic skin. The best part on top of it looking so great and feeling so natural to navigate, is how fast it runs.

Of course I realise it is a beta so have some bugs/feature suggestions.

1) On the home screen with recently added turned on, unlike with movies and music, tv show thumbs don't really give what show it is. Maybe some labels or the like. I know when you actually select the 2 on the right they come up with names, but maybe all the time.

2) What does "use bolder plots" actually effect. Tried a few movie views but couldn't see a difference.

3) Same for "disable bread crumbs"

4) In settings, it still says Shade at the bottom of the screen.

5) In movies, poster popup view, there are no units after the duration.

6) When backing out of recently added, for both tv and movies, can you make it skip the middle menu and straight back to home screen.

7) TV Show recently added, you have the episode image for the selected, and then an episode name beside and show name on top. Beside the episode name, is it possible to also have the show name. Just an episode title when looking at a list doesn't really tell what it is. Also, it doesn't show the show summary in the bottom left, meaning the screen is very empty.

8) The banner for my shows comes up fine in the season list, however when i go deeper the same spot in episode list view doesn't show the banner.

9) In episode list view, the currently selected episode doesn't have a watched mark at all. Opposite for movies in poster popup, has for current movie but not for others.

Plus a request, any chance of custom backgrounds, even if heavily dimmed to keep with the theme of the skin.

Again great work. Can see it taking over from Confluence if the girlfriend finds it usable.

All of these issues have been corrected. Smile
To learn more, click here.
it's because of caching, i don't refresh cache during bulk download.
if users go in library before using the script, the fallback will be put in cache.
as i've seen, the cache is refreshing itself in about 24h.
igotdvds Wrote:All of these issues have been corrected. Smile
Great skin.

Does the beta link on the first page have these corrections implemented?
macshield Wrote:Great skin.

Does the beta link on the first page have these corrections implemented?

Not yet. I was going to give everyone a couple more days to find more problems, then update.
igotdvds Wrote:Not yet. I was going to give everyone a couple more days to find more problems, then update.

Makes sense.

I think I found a bug for you. On the home menu under music when I try to select one of the new Music icons or latest music nothing happens. For Movies and tv shows these icons work but not for music.
igotdvds Wrote:All of these issues have been corrected. Smile

Well then, all is well in the world again. *goes back to his hole* Wink
I can't get posters to display in TV guide..
Logos show fine, banners show fine, but posters are empty and I have run the LOGO downloader script and they do appear in TV Shows, but just not in guide.

Need to say this is a great skin and only one I found that has an actually usable music videos view. Smile
Japaja Wrote:I can't get posters to display in TV guide..
Logos show fine, banners show fine, but posters are empty and I have run the LOGO downloader script and they do appear in TV Shows, but just not in guide.

Need to say this is a great skin and only one I found that has an actually usable music videos view. Smile

It uses folder.jpg. Make sure you have a folder.jpg in the root folders.
Oh, so I need 2 same images, but with different names.. why not just use poster.jpg that's already there and downloaded by LOGO downloader script AFAIK. Tongue
Japaja Wrote:Oh, so I need 2 same images, but with different names.. why not just use poster.jpg that's already there and downloaded by LOGO downloader script AFAIK. Tongue

Good point. Will do.
I'm not sure if this has been brought up however here is the ONLY thing I've seen wrong with the skin thus far.

Is there a way to change the amount of icons/DVD cases will preload. I understand that loading them all up at once would be a demand on the system. If there was a way to adjust the amount that is preloaded I think that'd be a really nice feature. I don't like to sit there and wait for the icons to load when scrolling through movies.

I might just be such a noob but what is required to get the TV guide to work?

Thanks.
New weather layout with weather fanart.

Drazzilb Wrote:I'm not sure if this has been brought up however here is the ONLY thing I've seen wrong with the skin thus far.

Is there a way to change the amount of icons/DVD cases will preload. I understand that loading them all up at once would be a demand on the system. If there was a way to adjust the amount that is preloaded I think that'd be a really nice feature. I don't like to sit there and wait for the icons to load when scrolling through movies.

I might just be such a noob but what is required to get the TV guide to work?

Thanks.

So too many load or not enough?

It uses the TV Next aired addon and you need to run the "Get Logos" button in skin settings.
igotdvds, i have run the get logo's button, and have the tv next aired installed.

I think maybe the problem with mine showing the banner in season but not in episode is as ppic suggested that i had been in the library and it had cached blank. Will wait and see if it updates.

EDIT:

Another to add as well, using episode slide as your view for recently added tv shows, the poster doesn't show up (maybe make it the actual show poster rather than the season one). Along with this, because it has to show the show name, episode number and episode name, you never actually see the whole thing. Maybe take it to 2 lines?

EDIT2: Another one sorry. With the visualisation, can we have the option not to have the fanart in the background, along with having the clock turn off. The visualisation is also a screensaver and the clock is gonna be bad for burn in.
igotdvds Wrote:So too many load or not enough?

It uses the TV Next aired addon and you need to run the "Get Logos" button in skin settings.

Not enough load. sorry i didn't specify

Sweet I'll tinker with the TV Next Aired addon.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Simplicity - from the creators of Shade1