ATV2 + Airport Extreme + 2 diff tv?
Ok, so don't know if this is doable or not, so thought I'd ask....

I just bought a new smart tv that has wifi (coming in tonight for bedroom).... and have another tv in living room

Just got Airport Extreme base thing that is from Apple and ATV2

Is there a way to piggyback ATV2 to the apple router so that it could be used on 2 different tvs? I guess kinda like using the router as a receiver?

Headache thinking it thru, but just checking to see if anyone has tried and cheaper than buying another atv2
(2013-01-31, 18:53)imperialto Wrote: Ok, so don't know if this is doable or not, so thought I'd ask....

I just bought a new smart tv that has wifi (coming in tonight for bedroom).... and have another tv in living room

Just got Airport Extreme base thing that is from Apple and ATV2

Is there a way to piggyback ATV2 to the apple router so that it could be used on 2 different tvs? I guess kinda like using the router as a receiver?

Headache thinking it thru, but just checking to see if anyone has tried and cheaper than buying another atv2

If it was possible (which it is not) you would still need 2 separate video connections from the Apple TV, one connection to each TV. Also, a single Apple TV would not allow you to view 2 different movies (pictures, music, etc.) at the same time on two different TVs. The Airport Extreme is designed for WiFi duties and limited data streaming capability via hard drive file sharing. The other option would be to buy a wireless HDMI sender/reciever device but that is going to be more expensive then simply buying another Apple TV. If you are looking for a cheaper solution then you want something like the Rasberry Pi which is $35.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 + Airport Extreme + 2 diff tv?0